Reload this Page >

marriage visa & leaving the country during the 6 months validity

marriage visa & leaving the country during the 6 months validity

Old Mar 12th 2011, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

rita is on a distinguished road
Default marriage visa & leaving the country during the 6 months validity

Thought I'd post on this forum as had no answers from moving back to UK forum:

My partner and I are heading back to the UK just to get married at the end of the year. We are going to be applying for a marriage visitors visa. What we need to know is within the 6 months that the marriage visitors visa is valid for can he leave the country both before and after we get married?

We want to go to a friends wedding in Italy before our wedding and on a honeymoon afterwards before returning to the UK for Christmas and leaving again before the 6 months is up.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

siamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nice
Default Re: marriage visa & leaving the country during the 6 months validity

Originally Posted by rita
Thought I'd post on this forum as had no answers from moving back to UK forum:

My partner and I are heading back to the UK just to get married at the end of the year. We are going to be applying for a marriage visitors visa. What we need to know is within the 6 months that the marriage visitors visa is valid for can he leave the country both before and after we get married?

We want to go to a friends wedding in Italy before our wedding and on a honeymoon afterwards before returning to the UK for Christmas and leaving again before the 6 months is up.
I presume your husband is Australian.. yes?

My Australian husband and I went to Scotland to marry..... I guess you will be applying for a marriage permit from the British embassy in Canberra.

Firstly may I advise you to give yourselves adequate time, the Embassy isnt the fastest ball on the court.... They will ask for wedding details, flight details etc.. and in the next breath state do not make any plans as they cant guarantee expected visa dates.

Despite the fact we had a bone fide Visa, my husband was questioned at length as so whether he intended residing in the UK! So luckily we were armed with employers letters etc.
We left the UK on numerous occasions for Europe without any problems at all during the six months.

Your own details i.e. passport details will be inserted into your husband's passport at Canberra, which does help with any queries. A copy of your marriage certificate can be carried also.

Have a great time.

Susie