Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Marriage/divorce cert

Marriage/divorce cert

Old Nov 25th 2003, 1:17 pm
jules

Julie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage/divorce cert

Just in the process of filling in application form for emmigration and noticed that one of the certified documents we need to send is a marriage certificate. My partner was married and now divorced but sent his marriage certificate to solicitor when getting divorced so no longer has the original only a copy. DO we just send the copy of the divorce cert and hope this will suffice.

any thought would be great

julie
Old Nov 25th 2003, 1:49 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Marriage/divorce cert

Originally posted by Julie Martin
Just in the process of filling in application form for emmigration and noticed that one of the certified documents we need to send is a marriage certificate. My partner was married and now divorced but sent his marriage certificate to solicitor when getting divorced so no longer has the original only a copy. DO we just send the copy of the divorce cert and hope this will suffice.

julie
You will find they are only interested in the fact he's no longer married so I assume a divorce cert will suffice.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marriage/divorce cert

Originally posted by Julie Martin

julie

You do need a legal copy of your original marriage certificate.
I used an agent and they insisted it was required.
I just visited the vicar of the church.I told him I'd lost the old one and it was required as I was trying to emmigrate.
He was happy to help, for ten quid.
Even wished myself and my wife good luck - I didn't have the heart to say it wasn't the same one.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 2:11 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Certificates

Sorry! Must getting my facts right before posting a reply!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point

Contradicting remarks here, i had the same problem as you and just sent off the absolute (or nisi) whichever was the last one and they were quite happy with that. It is just to show that your divorced.

Kath
Old Nov 25th 2003, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to stick my twopenneth in... both hubby and I have been married before and our agent only asked for our Decree Absolutes to prove we were divorced and our marriage certificate to prove we were married.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:47 pm
Excellent Member

anne wilson will become famous soon enough

HI,

We only needed certified copies of our absolutes (final divorce papers) as well....