Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Spread is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maroochydore sunshine coast

First time user.

Hi All,

we are a family of five and hope to get residency in Oz. We have been
told we maybe eligible for migration to Australia under the Temporary
skilled-Independent Regional Migration Visa (SIR)

The regional area given is Maroochydore on the sunshine Coast. Can anyone
give me some information on this area is it nice? will there be lots
to entertain 3 young teenagers or is it a sleepy place? Any good web sites?

I'm in the plastering Trade and wondered if anyone can tell me if there is
much work about? and whats the pay and conditions like?

We're are at the early stages getting certificates and references and
Accounts certified so we are a long way off yet so no doubt a few more
questions will be asked.

Cheers
Spread
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:05 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Maroochydore sunshine coast

Originally Posted by Spread
First time user.

Hi All,

we are a family of five and hope to get residency in Oz. We have been
told we maybe eligible for migration to Australia under the Temporary
skilled-Independent Regional Migration Visa (SIR)

The regional area given is Maroochydore on the sunshine Coast. Can anyone
give me some information on this area is it nice? will there be lots
to entertain 3 young teenagers or is it a sleepy place? Any good web sites?

I'm in the plastering Trade and wondered if anyone can tell me if there is
much work about? and whats the pay and conditions like?

We're are at the early stages getting certificates and references and
Accounts certified so we are a long way off yet so no doubt a few more
questions will be asked.

Cheers
Spread
Hi, welcome to the forum

Maroochydore is quite a nice area, quite a way from the city though, hope you weren't planning to commute!

These may be of some interest;
http://www.maroochy.qld.gov.au/business_maroochy.cfm
http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au...roochydore.cfm

Dont know if you're eligible for it, but Caloundra isn't a bad area either. Good beaches and been done up recently (a bit too much like Sufers for me) so is clean and safe - http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au.../caloundra.cfm

If you're not sure where everything is on the Sunshine Coast, here's a map
http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au/sunshine_coast/
Old Jan 6th 2005, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Marooochydores fine its another small town on the sunshine coast, only about 3 mile from the area of moooloolaba which is a well known torist spot, beaches etc are very similar. The entire area sun coast has a pop of about 222,000 I think and the job prospects have increased enormously with the large swell of pop to the area, think the fastest growing area in OZ. If you need to get to bris allow 1 half hours a bit more in peak. Plenty commute tho, main pop on coast is young families and retired. One of our sons is 19 haven't seen him since 15 so I assume the nightlife is OK, but be warned they need a car public transport finishes about 7pm and that is like one bus an hour to a few main areas, most dont have any transport at all.

Your job as a plasterer will require all the licences and registrations that have been discussed many many times, I dont comment much on this fact anymore my husband a aussie builder of 20 years was sent a nasty PM by a woman from UK who said he was a scaremonger when he posted some info on getting a licence here and told him he was talking crap a fact I find amusing given he is one of the most qualified builders in australia, but hey thats this forum some people dont wanna hear it! Search on licences I am sure lots will come up.

Climate here is hot humid summers and wonderful winters with mid 20's and dry days. I would say all the Poms I have met here and its quite a few now have found work. Houses start around the $400,000 but go up quickly to millions if you want water views etc. Look I have shown houses to friends from the UK all weekend they think the 400/500 stuff is amazing and incredible compared to the UK.

Other areas, Caloundra quiet but nice beaches, Mooloolaba, expensive and touristy, Buderim leafy has its own village and very good schools, Coolum not keen myslef bit middle of nowhere, Perigian definately middle of nowhere and Noosa, very expensive but tewantin is close and lots move there could be quiet for work tho.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hi, welcome to the forum

Maroochydore is quite a nice area, quite a way from the city though, hope you weren't planning to commute!

These may be of some interest;
http://www.maroochy.qld.gov.au/business_maroochy.cfm
http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au...roochydore.cfm

Dont know if you're eligible for it, but Caloundra isn't a bad area either. Good beaches and been done up recently (a bit too much like Sufers for me) so is clean and safe - http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au.../caloundra.cfm

If you're not sure where everything is on the Sunshine Coast, here's a map
http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au/sunshine_coast/

Thanks for that, good informative websites

Cheers
Spread
Old Jan 6th 2005, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Marooochydores fine its another small town on the sunshine coast, only about 3 mile from the area of moooloolaba which is a well known torist spot, beaches etc are very similar. The entire area sun coast has a pop of about 222,000 I think and the job prospects have increased enormously with the large swell of pop to the area, think the fastest growing area in OZ. If you need to get to bris allow 1 half hours a bit more in peak. Plenty commute tho, main pop on coast is young families and retired. One of our sons is 19 haven't seen him since 15 so I assume the nightlife is OK, but be warned they need a car public transport finishes about 7pm and that is like one bus an hour to a few main areas, most dont have any transport at all.

Your job as a plasterer will require all the licences and registrations that have been discussed many many times, I dont comment much on this fact anymore my husband a aussie builder of 20 years was sent a nasty PM by a woman from UK who said he was a scaremonger when he posted some info on getting a licence here and told him he was talking crap a fact I find amusing given he is one of the most qualified builders in australia, but hey thats this forum some people dont wanna hear it! Search on licences I am sure lots will come up.

Climate here is hot humid summers and wonderful winters with mid 20's and dry days. I would say all the Poms I have met here and its quite a few now have found work. Houses start around the $400,000 but go up quickly to millions if you want water views etc. Look I have shown houses to friends from the UK all weekend they think the 400/500 stuff is amazing and incredible compared to the UK.

Other areas, Caloundra quiet but nice beaches, Mooloolaba, expensive and touristy, Buderim leafy has its own village and very good schools, Coolum not keen myslef bit middle of nowhere, Perigian definately middle of nowhere and Noosa, very expensive but tewantin is close and lots move there could be quiet for work tho.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Jad n Rich,

Plenty of info for me to go on, must look into these Licences you talk about
Thanks for that!

If we havent a choice and we have to move to Maroochydore what schools
would you recomend? and how far away are they is there any uni's in that
area?

My wife is starting to feel a bit guilty she worried about our teenagers she's
concerned about up routing them away from a good circle of friends then
moving them to Maroochydore then not having anyone to hang out with.

We have two daughters 15 and 16 year olds and one 13 year old son.

Cheers
Spread
Old Jan 6th 2005, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Maroochydore sunshine coast info needed

Hi All,

Its Me again with more questions. Now I've been told that it could take
about 1 hour 30mins to commute to Bris from Maroochydore, now is that
by car or by Rail?

I've been to Byron Bay and really enjoyed my stay there the scenery/ views
were spectacular, people were friendly thought food and clothing was pricey
though, residential area was nice no high rise buildings. Visited Gold Coast
Surfers was ok but not too keen, Kingscliff was nice Fingal, Burleigh, Tweeds
nice also, is Maroochydore or surrounding areas anything like I've mentioned
above.

Cheers
Spread
Old Jan 6th 2005, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Hi Spread,
We are moving over end Jan,I love the sunshine coast, Mooloolaba is georgeous the kids will love the beach's we didn't really go into Maroochydore but i did see what looked like a huge shopping centre and i didn't think the town was that small. There is a Uni at Sippy Downs which is a short drive away, we went to have a look last year with my daughter and there were kangaroo's everywhere!! Buderim is near to tthe uni and is also a nice area.

Cazz
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Its Me again with more questions. Now I've been told that it could take
about 1 hour 30mins to commute to Bris from Maroochydore, now is that
by car or by Rail?

I've been to Byron Bay and really enjoyed my stay there the scenery/ views
were spectacular, people were friendly thought food and clothing was pricey
though, residential area was nice no high rise buildings. Visited Gold Coast
Surfers was ok but not too keen, Kingscliff was nice Fingal, Burleigh, Tweeds
nice also, is Maroochydore or surrounding areas anything like I've mentioned
above.

Cheers
Spread
One and half by car, if you go by train you go to nambour or caboolture think the quickest way would be drive to caboolture say 45 mins then same for train to city so similar really.

Byron is a huge tourist area hence the prices, sunshine coast is not as expensive but just as attractive in My opinion it has just as nice beaches scenery and tropical hinterland as byron.

Sunshine coast university is at sippy downs. Schools with good rep seem to be the Mountain creek ones high and primary and Matthew flinders anglican college if you have lots of dosh, close to $10,000 a kid by high if you include all the incidental fees, may not sound much on pommy wages but you earn aussie wages here

Would not worry too much about kids finding social life, if they go to school they get instant social club as I said havent seen much of our teen! especially once he got the car they all get at 17 you dont see them for dust, chuck them into a sport too, another instant social club really.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cazz
Hi Spread,
We are moving over end Jan,I love the sunshine coast, Mooloolaba is georgeous the kids will love the beach's we didn't really go into Maroochydore but i did see what looked like a huge shopping centre and i didn't think the town was that small. There is a Uni at Sippy Downs which is a short drive away, we went to have a look last year with my daughter and there were kangaroo's everywhere!! Buderim is near to tthe uni and is also a nice area.

Cazz
Hi Cazz,

Thanks for that, well all the best with the move you'll have to keep in
contact and lets us know how you get on is your house sold yet?
its knowing at what stage to put the house on the market.

Are the property's in Mooloolaba expencive? any information on cost of
living would be welcomed such as Council Tax, Health insurance etc.

Are you packed and ready go?

Cheers
Spread
Old Jan 6th 2005, 10:22 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi Cazz,

Cheers
Spread
Hi Spread

Have a look at www.realestate.com.au for cost of property in the area. Don't know about council tax, but medicare gives you a rebate on most health associated things, on top of that you could take out private healthcare. Have a look at Medibank Private for some general cost ideas if you're thinking of doing this. http://www.medibank.com.au/
Only other thing I can think to tell you, is our house insurance is just under $600 pa. (4 bedroom, brick, lowset, quiet area)

Cheers
Old Jan 6th 2005, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hi Spread

Have a look at www.realestate.com.au for cost of property in the area. Don't know about council tax, but medicare gives you a rebate on most health associated things, on top of that you could take out private healthcare. Have a look at Medibank Private for some general cost ideas if you're thinking of doing this. http://www.medibank.com.au/
Only other thing I can think to tell you, is our house insurance is just under $600 pa. (4 bedroom, brick, lowset, quiet area)

Cheers
Very helpful thanks!

Spread
Old Jan 6th 2005, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jad n rich
One and half by car, if you go by train you go to nambour or caboolture think the quickest way would be drive to caboolture say 45 mins then same for train to city so similar really.

Byron is a huge tourist area hence the prices, sunshine coast is not as expensive but just as attractive in My opinion it has just as nice beaches scenery and tropical hinterland as byron.

Sunshine coast university is at sippy downs. Schools with good rep seem to be the Mountain creek ones high and primary and Matthew flinders anglican college if you have lots of dosh, close to $10,000 a kid by high if you include all the incidental fees, may not sound much on pommy wages but you earn aussie wages here

Would not worry too much about kids finding social life, if they go to school they get instant social club as I said havent seen much of our teen! especially once he got the car they all get at 17 you dont see them for dust, chuck them into a sport too, another instant social club really.
You have given us some good info

Thanks!
Spread
Old Jan 7th 2005, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Hi Cazz,

Cheers
Spread
Hi Spread,

We have just put the house on the market (one week before christmas) worst time to sell i think but you never know. Don't know when to go as my daughter isn't going over until may and my son 2006, we have just sold our business so not working at the mo, so sitting here waiting isn't the best idea. Think we might go out end Jan and start looking at houses. Aghhhhh i don't no what to do.
House prices in mooloolaba not to bad as long as it isn't on the beach front. Not sure about the cost of living but it is sure to be cheaper than here.

Cazz
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cazz
Hi Spread,

We have just put the house on the market (one week before christmas) worst time to sell i think but you never know. Don't know when to go as my daughter isn't going over until may and my son 2006, we have just sold our business so not working at the mo, so sitting here waiting isn't the best idea. Think we might go out end Jan and start looking at houses. Aghhhhh i don't no what to do.
House prices in mooloolaba not to bad as long as it isn't on the beach front. Not sure about the cost of living but it is sure to be cheaper than here.

Cazz
Hi Cazz

All the best with the sale! I think we are in a different predicament to
yours I'm sure that our agent that is acting for us said that as soon as
we have been given the visa we would have to get ourselves out there pretty sharpish, we maybe eligible for migration under the temporary
skilled independent regional migration visa. We have a 16 year old in her
first year of A levels so we are not sure what will happen if we have to go
before she has completed them, maybe my wife or myself will have to
stay behind until she's completed her studies or transfer her studies to oz.

We just hope it all works out hoping to pass the first stage, the second stage
we are confident about the health and police checks it just the first stage
that we are most concerned about.

Have you been to Australia many times?

Spread
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:54 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

your info is great, i'm planning to head out to that area later this year, think we've decided on mooloolah but not 100% yet, might go somewhere with a few more people. Spent 3 weeks with family in mooloolah last year and loved it, they had recently moved there from redcliffe and they prefer it. I didn't see much of redcliffe when they lived there cos i was pregnant but love the area they're living in now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.