Reload this Page >

Marmite in Manly

Marmite in Manly

Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough
Default Marmite in Manly

Hi everyone

I just thought I would let the northern beaches crew knew that I have found a UK shop in Manly Corso. It is nestled in a little arcade next to the discount centre and the florist.
Mrs Soapy and I were in our element there and even got a free Galaxy

So if you are after some Marmite or Birds custard, or Paxo get yourself down there... she even had boxes of Walkers and even Nik Naks...

..sorry sound a bit excited I know, its all the fruit pastilles that I ate last night

The owner is a member of expats so we have tried to encourage her along to the next meet.. with a goodie bag of course !
Old Jun 17th 2005, 12:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marmite in Manly

Originally Posted by rumbletum
Hi everyone

I just thought I would let the northern beaches crew knew that I have found a UK shop in Manly Corso. It is nestled in a little arcade next to the discount centre and the florist.
Mrs Soapy and I were in our element there and even got a free Galaxy

So if you are after some Marmite or Birds custard, or Paxo get yourself down there... she even had boxes of Walkers and even Nik Naks...

..sorry sound a bit excited I know, its all the fruit pastilles that I ate last night

The owner is a member of expats so we have tried to encourage her along to the next meet.. with a goodie bag of course !
they have a shop in Bondi too. the kids were there today and bought loads. i think ill take a wee gander in the morn
Old Jun 17th 2005, 12:23 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
they have a shop in Bondi too. the kids were there today and bought loads. i think ill take a wee gander in the morn
What's the name of te shop peeps ?
Old Jun 17th 2005, 1:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
What's the name of te shop peeps ?
ill tell u when ive been, mrs soapy has been, but i dont listen to her lol
Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres also a british shop in the sky gardens shopping centre. Its called Treats from Home. www.treatsfromhome.com.au. Shop 210, Skygarden, 77 Castlereagh Street, Sydney, NSW 2000

We went there about 2 weeks ago and spent a fortune on hellmans bisto paxo shreddies cereal Its surprising how many things you actually forget when u look around the shop aswell.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:18 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Just like to add the shop is called ' hello sweetie' 7b, The Corso Manly opposite the westpac bank as soapy said the shop has loads of stuff that we actually forgot that we missed lol Our teenagers have had a ball in the other shop in bondi. The shop also stocks irish, american and new zealand goodies so get yourself down and if you dont see what you're looking for they might be able to get it in for you.
Mrs Soapyxxx
Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:55 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Mrs Soapy.......can I call you Suds ?

Have you seen the British Lolly Shop down your way ?
Apparently there is one in Sydney.
One has just opened here in the Cairns Pier shopping centre.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:00 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bix
Hello Mrs Soapy.......can I call you Suds ?

Have you seen the British Lolly Shop down your way ?
Apparently there is one in Sydney.
One has just opened here in the Cairns Pier shopping centre.
Hey Supersuds to my mates lol yeh my poor deprived sis in port douglas was just telling me that today lol she would KILL for a dime bar from time to time hee hee
SUDS ( thanx for the nickname)
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:09 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Hey Supersuds to my mates lol yeh my poor deprived sis in port douglas was just telling me that today lol she would KILL for a dime bar from time to time hee hee
SUDS ( thanx for the nickname)
Cor....we were going to Port Douglas tomorrow........small world eh ?
Got a bubble on me doorstep

You really should enrol under your own name......look, I found a choice of avatars for you.....
Attached Thumbnails Marmite in Manly-images.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:19 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

The house that Soapy built....
Attached Thumbnails Marmite in Manly-sudsfront.jpg  

Last edited by Bix; Jun 17th 2005 at 3:21 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

I ate a square of my Kingsize Cadburys Dairy Milk and you know what, it tasted 'funny' - really sweet and strange. It got better and by the end of the bar it actually tasted pretty good. I think I must have got used to the Aussie chocolate after all.

Going again this morning to get some more! Taking the kids cos they missed out and were very jealous of me and Suds

PS sorry Pauline, but I think Suds is a fantastic name for you
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:30 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bix
Cor....we were going to Port Douglas tomorrow........small world eh ?
Got a bubble on me doorstep

You really should enrol under your own name......look, I found a choice of avatars for you.....
hey u, stop giving her ideas. this is my pc
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

COLOR=Magenta]hello, we r going to the sweet shop in manly do u want anything? love katie[/COLOR]
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:54 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Cut the crap and put the sensible one online