Wikiposts

Market Research

Old May 20th 2003, 12:25 pm
Nix
Just Joined

Nix is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Market Research

I'm hoping to start up a magazine for Poms in my area of NSW. I've started up a yahoo & msn group (2 members so far including me!) and need some ideas...

What sort of stuff would you like to see in a mag for Brits in OZ? I'd like to stay away from the usual Eastenders updates, eh.

You can find the msn group at: http://groups.msn.com/PomsontheProwl

I know it's cheeky to put it on here, but if ya don't try ya never know!
Old May 20th 2003, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Smoko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Market Research

Originally posted by Nix
I'm hoping to start up a magazine for Poms in my area of NSW. I've started up a yahoo & msn group (2 members so far including me!) and need some ideas...

What sort of stuff would you like to see in a mag for Brits in OZ? I'd like to stay away from the usual Eastenders updates, eh.

A diary of a pom in aus and an aussie in england on an exchange scheme. Tyr to get them have thje same job and family set up.
Old May 20th 2003, 12:57 pm
Keelie

Just to wish you luck with your expats magazine. I can think of a dozen things that I'd like to see, but for now I'll give you one .

It would be very interesting to me to hear some of the stories of the early British emigrants to Aus....the families who came out on the Ten Pound scheme.
The deal was that they had to stay for two years...after which time they were free to return to the U.K.
I was one of those kids (18years old) who eventually made my way to New Zealand. I heard later that thousands did return to U.K. but just as many stayed. Where are the success stories of these adventurers....so many of them had such high hopes, and big dreams.
So thats one suggestion....if it's of any interest!

Originally posted by Nix

Old May 20th 2003, 6:07 pm
Nix
Just Joined

My grandfather was one of those who came over to Oz for a tenner. He returned to UK, only to come back another three times!!

Thanks for your suggestions, guys

ANY/ALL other suggestions are welcome.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 7:29 pm
Nix
Just Joined

Originally posted by Keelie
Just to wish you luck with your expats magazine. I can think of a dozen things that I'd like to see, but for now I'll give you one .

It would be very interesting to me to hear some of the stories of the early British emigrants to Aus....the families who came out on the Ten Pound scheme.
The deal was that they had to stay for two years...after which time they were free to return to the U.K.
I was one of those kids (18years old) who eventually made my way to New Zealand. I heard later that thousands did return to U.K. but just as many stayed. Where are the success stories of these adventurers....so many of them had such high hopes, and big dreams.
So thats one suggestion....if it's of any interest!
Finally managed to get a web site going - not quite the mag I planned, but what the hey! Would be grateful if anyone would take a peek and let me know what they think. the pics take forever to load - I'm working on that one.

cheers.

Nix
www.pomsontheprowl.org