Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Mark Latham Affair

The Mark Latham Affair

Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:57 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Mark Latham Affair

I know it's a bit old, but we haven't had an argument about this on here.

I think most of what he said is fair enough and gives a true reflection of how political parties work. Beazley however must be the most ineffectual leader in the world. Surely it would have been better to just try and ignore the whole issue.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Mark Latham Affair

Originally Posted by diddy
I know it's a bit old, but we haven't had an argument about this on here.

I think most of what he said is fair enough and gives a true reflection of how political parties work. Beazley however must be the most ineffectual leader in the world. Surely it would have been better to just try and ignore the whole issue.
Mark Latham totally lived up to my expectations - I've always found him an unbearable sleaze. I watched about 5 minutes of the interview with Andrew Denton and couldn't stand listening to his tired allegations any longer.

Yes....will now be ignoring the whole issue....and will not be buying the book ....ha ha ha what a waste of money.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:17 am
Banned

Astro will become famous soon enoughAstro will become famous soon enough

He'll never be as bad as your typical English politician.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:19 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocaholic
Mark Latham totally lived up to my expectations - I've always found him an unbearable sleaze. I watched about 5 minutes of the interview with Andrew Denton and couldn't stand listening to his tired allegations any longer.

Yes....will now be ignoring the whole issue....and will not be buying the book ....ha ha ha what a waste of money.

That's the sad thing - it's a complete waste of money, but he's laughing all the way to the bank.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by diddy
That's the sad thing - it's a complete waste of money, but he's laughing all the way to the bank.
In your opinion. Thousands will love juice like this.

It's no worse than the millions who buy trashy English newspapers everyday.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Astro
In your opinion. Thousands will love juice like this.

It's no worse than the millions who buy trashy English newspapers everyday.
I think the most "interesting" bits have already been printed in the national newspapers - can't imagine that his book will add anything interesting - but, be honest, I've only been here 2 years and don't really know all the charachters he's vilifying.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Astro
He'll never be as bad as your typical English politician.
Certainly never as subtle - not forgetting that he was the leader of the opposition, not just some backbencher.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:16 am
Banned

Certainly never as subtle - not forgetting that he was the leader of the opposition, not just some backbencher.
Noone has said anything about them not being subtle.

They're too subtle in a sly kinda way.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:21 am
Banned

I think the most "interesting" bits have already been printed in the national newspapers - can't imagine that his book will add anything interesting - but, be honest, I've only been here 2 years and don't really know all the charachters he's vilifying.
Not all of us buy trashy newspapers. Some of us prefer to buy trashy books instead.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:37 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Austalia was very fortunate not to have elected this fool.

When is Labor going to sort itself out? every democracy NEEDS as decent opposition to keep the ruling party in check. At the moment Howard is running amok with ideologically driven "reforms" which will hurt the average Joe Blow, the Aussie "battler"
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by renth
Austalia was very fortunate not to have elected this fool.

When is Labor going to sort itself out? every democracy NEEDS as decent opposition to keep the ruling party in check. At the moment Howard is running amok with ideologically driven "reforms" which will hurt the average Joe Blow, the Aussie "battler"
So true. Ironic thing is - it's sooooo similar in the UK at the moment, although opposite parties are shite with no leadership.