Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

marine insurance versus standard liability ?

marine insurance versus standard liability ?

Old Sep 26th 2005, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold
Default marine insurance versus standard liability ?

Please can someone help me who has already moved ? What is the difference between marine insurance and standard liability ? What has everyone else opted for ? I am totally confused and not really that trusting of any of the reps !

Thanks
Old Sep 27th 2005, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

c.harbinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: marine insurance versus standard liability ?

Originally Posted by Izzy
Please can someone help me who has already moved ? What is the difference between marine insurance and standard liability ? What has everyone else opted for ? I am totally confused and not really that trusting of any of the reps !

Thanks
Izzy,

I have just finished the rounds of insurance. From what I have found is that standard liability is the way that the moving companies can insure your goods with out offering insurance (they offer a UK legal contract - external to the IFA). Marine insurance is an insurance policy that is covered by international law and the IFA. There is only one small problem that I found - the removal company will not work with your marine insurance, so be sure that the marine insurance covers your goods when they enter the container.

To advise is to speak to a Insurance Broker and get there advise, I used Ashley Hill of Pendleton May (Insurance Brokers) Ltd - Telephone: 01483 431163

regards

Carl