Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Many of you in Perth ? your thoughts needed

Many of you in Perth ? your thoughts needed

Old May 22nd 2008, 4:44 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Many of you in Perth ? your thoughts needed

Would love to ehar from people living in Perth or Freemantle area, we are currently living in NZ and have been for 3 years, going to get passports this year and stay for a wee bit longer as at UNI, husband has own property maintenance business here so would look to do similar there, i am about to qualify as a counsellor, what are your thoughts on Perth, heat, traffic etc.
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:53 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Many of you in Perth ? your thoughts needed

It's a lot hotter than Dunedin!

Work prospects in Perth are very good right now.

I suggest doing a search on Perth though - it is discussed to death on here.
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:06 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

We have been in Perth 18 months after living in Melbourne for 18 months. Perth is very expensive and behind the times. We live North of the river, but I think Freo would be a much better place to live, but much more expensive. Do you have children, what do you like doing etc? Lots of people here in Perth love it, so guess it depends what you want. For us, as soon as we can afford to we will be moving back over East......

Good luck
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:10 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

MMM its a difficult one, we have one daughter aged 11, and we have been in NZ 3 years, so we are going to apply for our citizenship this year as that will give us better options for the future, NZ is very relaxed and cruisey,the population is only 120k for Dunedin and no traffic jams etc etc but the winters are taking its tol, we are sat by the wood fire tonight , nice and cosy, but do we change all that seasons for just the weather of OZ, ok 70k Kiwis left for OZ, will it be the last one out turn the light out?? the price of food, power and petrol is at its highest for years, Kiwis are struggling, we are lucky that we own our house, so that is a big weight off our shoulders $$$wise, my wife will graduate from UNI in Councelling and there is a big job market in OZ for that area, i run my own Property maintenance business so would look to get something in that line.

But do we turn in the quiet life in NZ for the sunshine life ??
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi there

We have been in Perth 18 months after living in Melbourne for 18 months. Perth is very expensive and behind the times. We live North of the river, but I think Freo would be a much better place to live, but much more expensive. Do you have children, what do you like doing etc? Lots of people here in Perth love it, so guess it depends what you want. For us, as soon as we can afford to we will be moving back over East......

Good luck

This is worrying! As We are looking at coming to Perth nxt year! we lived in Adelaide and found that very behind the times! one reason for us moving bk to the UK amongst many others not all OZ related!

bluekipper
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:51 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluekipper
This is worrying! As We are looking at coming to Perth nxt year! we lived in Adelaide and found that very behind the times! one reason for us moving bk to the UK amongst many others not all OZ related!

bluekipper
If Perth is 10 years behind Melbourne, Adelaide is 50 years behind Perth. You have nothing to worry about.
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

31 years in Adelaide...5 years in Perth
Adelaide is way ahead of Perth