Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY IN BRISBANE

MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY IN BRISBANE

Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:43 am
Just Joined

175Steve will become famous soon enough175Steve will become famous soon enough
Default MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY IN BRISBANE

Can anyone help. We are looking to move to the Brisbane area this summer and i am a mechanical engineer , can anyone let me know where a lot of the manufacturing / industrial estates are centered.

Cheers
STEVE
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:27 am
LAM
Forum Regular

LAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really nice
Default Re: MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY IN BRISBANE

Hi steve,

I work in the Electronics manufacturing industry and have seen jobs all over the city.

on the south side there's a technology park in Eight Mile Plains. Rocklea/Archerfield are very industrial

I currently work in Brendale on the north side which also has a fair bit of industry. I also had an interview in Virginia (north side)

What type of work have you done?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 175Steve
Can anyone help. We are looking to move to the Brisbane area this summer and i am a mechanical engineer , can anyone let me know where a lot of the manufacturing / industrial estates are centered.

Cheers
STEVE
Eagle farm is another, wages seem higher there also..
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 175Steve

Cheers
STEVE
Hi Steve,

I'm a mechanical Engineer and moved up to Gold Coast from SA for work. I work on an industrial estate in Capalaba (outer Brisi suburb). However, it looks like most of the work is for civil and construction. (as it seems to be all over OZ). I suggest that you get in touch with as many agencies as you can in and around Brisbane. Also try Seek.com.au and mycareer.com.au.

good hunting!

Chris
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

175Steve will become famous soon enough175Steve will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LAM
Hi steve,

I work in the Electronics manufacturing industry and have seen jobs all over the city.

on the south side there's a technology park in Eight Mile Plains. Rocklea/Archerfield are very industrial

I currently work in Brendale on the north side which also has a fair bit of industry. I also had an interview in Virginia (north side)

What type of work have you done?
Im a Fitter/Turner/CNC Machinist to trade, but have been a Sales Engineer for the last few years. Lokking for something in sales/applications but willing to go back to the cnc machining till i find a decent job