Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Manufacturing Industries in Perth?

Manufacturing Industries in Perth?

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:45 am
Just Joined

DikoP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Manufacturing Industries in Perth?

Hello!

My family is planning to move to Perth next year. Where in Perth (or nearby areas) that has (light/heavy) manufacturing industries? Thanks for your replies. Regards.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 7:42 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manufacturing Industries in Perth?

Originally Posted by DikoP
Hello!

My family is planning to move to Perth next year. Where in Perth (or nearby areas) that has (light/heavy) manufacturing industries? Thanks for your replies. Regards.
Off the cuff I can only really think of Welshpool, Bayswater/Bassadean and Osborne Park way. I wouldn't live in Welshpool though, if you worked there better to look at Laithlain, Carlisle Kewdale, Cloverdale to live in. Kewdale also has some industrial area too.

Osborne Park is on the nth side of the river and has a mix of commercial and manufacturing industries. Not sure what it's liek to live in but suburbs close by that are ok include: joondanna (don't confuse with joondalup which is further north in the metro area), tuart hill, glendalough, mt hawthorn, north perth (last too quite nice areas to live in).

Hope that helps
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 7:44 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Off the cuff I can only really think of Welshpool, Bayswater/Bassadean and Osborne Park way. I wouldn't live in Welshpool though, if you worked there better to look at Laithlain, Carlisle Kewdale, Cloverdale to live in. Kewdale also has some industrial area too.

Osborne Park is on the nth side of the river and has a mix of commercial and manufacturing industries. Not sure what it's liek to live in but suburbs close by that are ok include: joondanna (don't confuse with joondalup which is further north in the metro area), tuart hill, glendalough, mt hawthorn, north perth (last too quite nice areas to live in).

Hope that helps
Oh forgot. Canning Vale and Balcatta both have manufacturing industries as too does Belmont. Belmont is ok to live in (mainly working class) Don't know about Balcatta or Canning Vale to live in but the latter has a prison in the area.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Coulterk will become famous soon enoughCoulterk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DikoP
Hello!

If you are after the jobs in this area, then do a search on google for something like "manufacturing industry perth" and you will see a number of sites showing you job or government information on manufacturing.

The Resources (mining stuff) and manufacturing are 2 v.good industrues for work in Perth.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 6:59 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Manufacturing Industries in Perth?

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Oh forgot. Canning Vale and Balcatta both have manufacturing industries as too does Belmont. Belmont is ok to live in (mainly working class) Don't know about Balcatta or Canning Vale to live in but the latter has a prison in the area.
Don't forget Rockingham!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Don't forget Rockingham!
I'm not that familar with Rockingham mainly zipped through the place to Mandurah or Golden Bay. I know there is some industrial stuff in Kwinana but this is like near an hour from Perth on the freeway I think. Im also not too sure of what are ok suburbs and what are crappy ones that way. I think Parmelia, Orelia, Leda and Medina are apparently crappy.