Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Manly Surfing Lessons

Manly Surfing Lessons

Old May 15th 2005, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Manly Surfing Lessons

Hi

When I validate in June/July I am thinking about having a go at surfing while I stay in Manly.

These guys look great, and I just wondered if anyone has any experience of them, or any comments about them

Manly Surf School

http://www.manlysurfschool.com/

Cheers

SS
Old May 16th 2005, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Manly Surfing Lessons

Sorry - just the one bump!
Old May 16th 2005, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Sorry - just the one bump!
I haven't tried yet myself but have heard they're good. Also heard that the ones at Bondi are a bit to crowded.
Had a mate go on a surfing trip from Sydney to Byron which she raved about too.
Old May 16th 2005, 7:06 am
wombat42

Hi

When I validate in June/July I am thinking about having a go at surfing while I stay in Manly.

These guys look great, and I just wondered if anyone has any experience of them, or any comments about them

Manly Surf School

http://www.manlysurfschool.com/

Cheers

SS
You will probably be the only person in the water as it will be freezing cold in the water as it is the middle of winter in OZ in June/July.

Old May 16th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Will it REALLY be that cold!!

Surely a wetsuit will do the trick......

If I am the only one in the water then I guess I'll have the benefit of one on one coaching!....

SS
Old May 16th 2005, 7:17 am
wombat42

Will it REALLY be that cold!!

Surely a wetsuit will do the trick......

If I am the only one in the water then I guess I'll have the benefit of one on one coaching!....

SS
It would be around 15c in Sydney in winter l think, should be alright with a wet suit.

Old May 16th 2005, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks - if I can survive the cold then, then I should be alright when I make the move permanent in the Aussie Sumemr.

SS
Old May 16th 2005, 7:32 am

gedge has disabled reputation

My broher in law went with manly surf school and had a great time. I think there were about 8-10 in the class last October. Equipment was average, maybe a little on the worn side. Instructor was a good guy, but then my BIL would get on with anyone.
He managed to stand up just the once, half way between getting up and "aarrggh" falling off!
They are always busy, but I don't know if they go through the winter months. There's loads of surfers out at the moment, the surf changed on Friday from flat to fun. Then on Sunday, we saw an amazing sight from Manly headland looking north to Queensie. A school of dolphins surfaced amongst the surfers and competed for the waves. They looked like they were having great fun flipping up and out of the water. Absolutely amazing! So close to us and even closer to the surfers. If only we'd had a camera. Hope there's a next time.
Old May 16th 2005, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
My broher in law went with manly surf school and had a great time. I think there were about 8-10 in the class last October. Equipment was average, maybe a little on the worn side. Instructor was a good guy, but then my BIL would get on with anyone.
He managed to stand up just the once, half way between getting up and "aarrggh" falling off!
They are always busy, but I don't know if they go through the winter months. There's loads of surfers out at the moment, the surf changed on Friday from flat to fun. Then on Sunday, we saw an amazing sight from Manly headland looking north to Queensie. A school of dolphins surfaced amongst the surfers and competed for the waves. They looked like they were having great fun flipping up and out of the water. Absolutely amazing! So close to us and even closer to the surfers. If only we'd had a camera. Hope there's a next time.
Thanks for the info - I checked on their website and they do run through the winter so I may give it a go.

The dolphins sounds fantastic - I saw a similar thing in Byron 5 years ago. One day I may actually get on a surfboard and be amongst them......

SS
Old May 16th 2005, 5:14 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

The feminist in me is shouting...

What about Girly Surfing Lessons???

Sorry, I just have a knack of bringing a thread down (it's a gift, I know)

D D
Old May 17th 2005, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Haha - nothing wrong with them at all!

SS

Last edited by SuperSeagulls; May 17th 2005 at 7:18 am.