Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Manhatten Apartments - Newstead, Brisbane

Manhatten Apartments - Newstead, Brisbane

Old Oct 31st 2005, 11:19 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Manhatten Apartments - Newstead, Brisbane

I've seen a few posts about these .. just wanted an update if anyone else has been

We've decided to rent a furnished place fairly central until our furniture arrives so that we have access to everything we could possibly want (we're then moving out to bayside (possibly birkdale!)
Old Oct 31st 2005, 5:41 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Re: Manhatten Apartments - Newstead, Brisbane

bump
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cam_uk
bump
We used them a year ago and they were brilliant ,lots of building work going on around the area at the moment,good choice.
donna
ps we also now live in the bayside ,another good choice
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

ocean is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen a few posts about these .. just wanted an update if anyone else has been

We've decided to rent a furnished place fairly central until our furniture arrives so that we have access to everything we could possibly want (we're then moving out to bayside (possibly birkdale!)

Hi

We stayed at Manhattan when we arrived in august, & thought they were brill, everything we needed was there, which was what we needed after the long journey, very clean too. The pool was a bit cold though when we was there but now the weathers warming up, shouldn't be a problem. John(the manager) is lovely & very helpful.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cam,

You might have read one of my/hubby's posts - we stayed there for 7 weeks last year. Yes, the Manhattan on Newstead is quite nice a place - 5 minute drive into the city during non-rush hours, easy access to suburbs north and south of Brisbane without having to drive through the CBD traffic. And as others have said the resident manager John Ferrier is very helpful.

JJJHM & family are staying there at the moment and moving out on Friday. She might be able to give you the lastest update on the place.

We're currently in Ormiston, and will be moving to Birkdale in a couple of months. You never know who your future neighbours might be!

Good luck with everything.

Mrs JTL
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:39 am
birmingham to brisbane

thanks for all your replies guys ..
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:21 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all your replies guys ..
I arrive at Manhattan on Newstead from 5th November for 3 weeks - they look lovely online so i'll let you know how our stay go's. We are on holiday for 4 nights in Singapore first before moving to Brisbane permanently - we are also considering the Bayside area for renting.

Lynn
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Sitting in a Manhatten apartment right now..we've been here since the 23rd September and move out on Monday... it's great, pool lovely and warm, very quite..

Bus into the City at the bottom of the road takes just 5 minutes (parking in the city expensive ) all in all a good choice!!

Julie
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:25 am
birmingham to brisbane

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Sitting in a Manhatten apartment right now..we've been here since the 23rd September and move out on Monday... it's great, pool lovely and warm, very quite..

Bus into the City at the bottom of the road takes just 5 minutes (parking in the city expensive ) all in all a good choice!!

Julie
Thanks julie

Are there plenty of things for the wife to do with our daughter (19months)?? (in the surrounding areas)

We decided to stay more central until our furniture arrives so we can get a feel for the city etc ...

I'm actually going to be commuting to greenslopes .. are the buses regular and reliable?
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:04 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

We live in Birkdale and have done for just over a year now.
All i can say is we made the right choice and love it here, especially the UK balti house around the corner...mmmmm.
Daz
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:16 am
birmingham to brisbane

Originally Posted by leannefr
We live in Birkdale and have done for just over a year now.
All i can say is we made the right choice and love it here, especially the UK balti house around the corner...mmmmm.
Daz
Everyone i've spoken to has good things to say about birkdale...

its definately high on our list for feb when our furniture should be arriving ..

Until then it'll be more central ... but we'll definately be trying the curry house
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Julie
Hi julie,if john remembers,Duncan ,Donna and the two girls say hi from us,he truley is a good guy.thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by donna
Hi julie,if john remembers,Duncan ,Donna and the two girls say hi from us,he truley is a good guy.thanks
Will do, we totally agree with you..

julie
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks julie

Are there plenty of things for the wife to do with our daughter (19months)?? (in the surrounding areas)

We decided to stay more central until our furniture arrives so we can get a feel for the city etc ...

I'm actually going to be commuting to greenslopes .. are the buses regular and reliable?
Not sure about the buses to Greenslopes, to the city they are great think at least 3 an hour. There is a small park down the road and a local post office /shop, you can also walk along the river which is lovely. A short drive down to New Farm and you can catch the city Cat and there is a very large park for all ages which is well covered from the sun. My boys are 4 years and 17 months, ideally I would say you need a car asap.

We were hoping to settle in Bayside but couldn't find a rental to suit us, we were let down a few times too.. we've ended up in the Northern suburbs, looks great so far and cheaper!!..

Good luck

Julie
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:51 am
birmingham to brisbane

Not sure about the buses to Greenslopes, to the city they are great think at least 3 an hour. There is a small park down the road and a local post office /shop, you can also walk along the river which is lovely. A short drive down to New Farm and you can catch the city Cat and there is a very large park for all ages which is well covered from the sun. My boys are 4 years and 17 months, ideally I would say you need a car asap.

We were hoping to settle in Bayside but couldn't find a rental to suit us, we were let down a few times too.. we've ended up in the Northern suburbs, looks great so far and cheaper!!..

Good luck

Julie
Cheers julie.. we plan to get a car as soon as possible but we'll have to see how things go (only got about 6000k put to one side for a car!)

As long as the wife can get out and about during the day while i'm at work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.