British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Mandurah, WA - Schools and any other info........ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/mandurah-wa-schools-any-other-info-545255/)

sunny side Jun 26th 2008 4:23 am

Mandurah, WA - Schools and any other info........

Hi,

We are planning to move to Mandurah (Visa 475) by end of the year and would like to know about Mandurah.

I heard that house prices are high in WA than any other city. What are rentals for 3 to 4 room houses?

What are the High schools and Primary schools in Mandurah and the costs like eg: uniforms, term fees and other general activities?

Thank you

Mari

Sonn Jun 26th 2008 6:10 am

Re: Mandurah, WA - Schools and any other info........

Hi,

If you look on realestate.com.au you will find information about house prices for rent.:)

bruce67 Jun 29th 2008 5:18 am

Originally Posted by sunny side (Post 6504381)
Hi,

We are planning to move to Mandurah (Visa 475) by end of the year and would like to know about Mandurah.

I heard that house prices are high in WA than any other city. What are rentals for 3 to 4 room houses?

What are the High schools and Primary schools in Mandurah and the costs like eg: uniforms, term fees and other general activities?

Thank you

Mari

All very relative, prices that is.

Prices vary from about $200 a week for a 3bed, 1 bath to what ever you want to pay for a place on the cannals($500+). You can get a 4 bed 2 bath in Greenfields for about $250 ish or pay $350 for the same in say Madora bay, depends what you want/ can afford all very livable.

Same goes for schooling there are choices in primary and secondary education both free and fee paying. There are a number of good government primary schools, good gov high schools are a bit more tricky. The average semi private/ religious school fees are 3500 to 4000 a year and there are some really good ones. Uniforms are like anywhere if buying new, the initial is a bit pricey specially if you are buying winter stuff and if a blazer is involved, we just did it bit by bit (two shirts now, the rest later). We were lucky as we arrived in summer and the uniform was very basic.

Good luck

Bruce:)

bluekipper Jun 29th 2008 8:59 am

Sorry to jump on this thread but thats the area we are looking at, I`d love to know the job situation for this area? just any general work.

thanks
Bluekipper

julesandco Jun 29th 2008 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by bluekipper (Post 6515298)
just any general work.

thanks
Bluekipper

What sort of thing? Can you be more specific? It's a big place out there :p :rofl:

Jules x

bluekipper Jun 29th 2008 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by julesandco (Post 6515667)
What sort of thing? Can you be more specific? It's a big place out there :p :rofl:

Jules x

yes Australia is a big place:) i have been!

I think il do my own research on the place I origionally asked about

Thankyou

bluekipper

northernbird Jun 29th 2008 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by bluekipper (Post 6515689)
yes Australia is a big place:) i have been!

I think il do my own research on the place I origionally asked about

Thankyou

bluekipper

bit uncalled for don't you think. You said 'general work' What the hell is that meant to mean. Office work, shop work, tradie work. I don't think that Jules was being unreasonable in asking what sort of thing you meant, she was quite willing to help if you had been a bit more specific.

julesandco Jun 29th 2008 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 6515708)
bit uncalled for don't you think. You said 'general work' What the hell is that meant to mean. Office work, shop work, tradie work. I don't think that Jules was being unreasonable in asking what sort of thing you meant, she was quite willing to help if you had been a bit more specific.

Yeah - sod ya.

I was only trying to pin down a profession in amongst potential millions. Pardon me for trying to help, although I understand that Maccas are always hiring.

All the very best of luck - with an attitude like that, you'll need it :)

NB at the end of the day, what does our opinion count for? We're just the ones that live here :D

perksy Jun 29th 2008 1:05 pm

I'm just doing a bit of research into the Mandurah area. I notice from previous threads people seem to say to avoid the Greenfields area. I was just wondering why? The crime stats seem to suggest theres only a slightly higher rate of crime than in a more desired location such as Secret Harbour. Now I know stats can be twisted and used in a way to make things seem different than the real story, so I was just wondering if ayone can give a more first hand impression of the area

Much appreciated if anyone can help out.. :)

ohippy Jun 29th 2008 2:09 pm

It's all personal opinion. I wouldn't live in Greenfields, but you can only make your mind up when you see the places, no amount of internet research will give you a 'feel' for a place.

For me, Greenfields seem to have a higher rate of rentals, more unkempt front yards, it doesn't 'look pretty' etc Crime rates to me are pretty meaningless, I came from Bristol so the crime here is almost non existant and mostly related to drink and drugs

perksy Jun 29th 2008 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by ohippy (Post 6515932)
It's all personal opinion. I wouldn't live in Greenfields, but you can only make your mind up when you see the places, no amount of internet research will give you a 'feel' for a place.

For me, Greenfields seem to have a higher rate of rentals, more unkempt front yards, it doesn't 'look pretty' etc Crime rates to me are pretty meaningless, I came from Bristol so the crime here is almost non existant and mostly related to drink and drugs

Cheers for that, I was kind of guessing it would be more to do with the look and feel of the place than anything else. I know what you mean though about the crime stats. I've spent most of my life living in Nottingham and not had any bother despite numerous polls/stats saying its the gun & violence capital of the UK.

Cheers again

bluekipper Jun 29th 2008 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by julesandco (Post 6515770)
Yeah - sod ya.

I was only trying to pin down a profession in amongst potential millions. Pardon me for trying to help, although I understand that Maccas are always hiring.

All the very best of luck - with an attitude like that, you'll need it :)

NB at the end of the day, what does our opinion count for? We're just the ones that live here :D

Attitude like what exactly? I was`nt the one with the stupid pictures to indicate that a person doesnt know what the hell there asking!

If you ask me, your the one with the attitude!
yes you may well live there, but your not exactly helping on this site with the way you reply to someones thread, and Im only fit for macca`s eh? another stupid idiotic answer!
as I said I will do my own research.

There are ways and means how to speak to ppl and if you see my replies they didnt indicate anything but my reply to do my own research, as I didnt get the answer or question I liked,,take that how you like really!

please do not respond with negativity to me I do not need you to retaliate its not an argument!

Bluekipper

northernbird Jun 29th 2008 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by bluekipper (Post 6516210)
Attitude like what exactly? I was`nt the one with the stupid pictures to indicate that a person doesnt know what the hell there asking!

If you ask me, your the one with the attitude!
yes you may well live there, but your not exactly helping on this site with the way you reply to someones thread, and Im only fit for macca`s eh? another stupid idiotic answer!
as I said I will do my own research.

There are ways and means how to speak to ppl and if you see my replies they didnt indicate anything but my reply to do my own research, as I didnt get the answer or question I liked,,take that how you like really!

please do not respond with negativity to me I do not need you to retaliate its not an argument!

Bluekipper

This isn't the first time you have got snotty with someone bluekipper and I would suggest if you want help with researching a move to Perth then there are plenty of people (including me) that would be willing to help if you weren't so hostile. If you give people an idea of the work you do then people will be more than willing to help. Asking about general work isn't really that useful a question now is it?

perksy Jun 29th 2008 11:07 pm

I'm researching the general area of Perth for a future move. I'm generally looking for a house in the general area of perth, just a general house with a general sized garden with the general number of bedrooms. Both myself and my wife currently work in the field of general employment so would wish to do the same in the general area of WA. We would be looking for a general salary.

Can anyone please give me some general pointers in the general direction :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sunny side Jun 30th 2008 4:28 am

Hi,

Thank you all for the information. Appreciate it.

Could you pls give me some more info on these areas ( Greenfields and Madora Bay) of Mandurah and Primary & High schools available near both the areas?

Many thanks

Mari