Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mandurah for trades men ??and what are schools like ..

mandurah for trades men ??and what are schools like ..

Old Jun 1st 2010, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all
Default mandurah for trades men ??and what are schools like ..

Hi me and hubbby are thinking or moving to mandurah in two months time , when we emmigrate , we have 4 kids ranging from 16 down to 8 ...hubby is worried about work he has applied for thirty or so jobs on the net already , is there work for tradies ? or os it a commute to perth ,??.... never been there so do not know , have been to the other side of oz tho , he currently is a plumbing manager for the local council , not the gas side though, also qualified carpenter, a roof plumber too over all a multi skilled tradesman, is mandurah a good idea ...thinking about halls head ??? any info greatly appreciated ... also will my teenagers like it ?
Old Jun 1st 2010, 9:40 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: mandurah for trades men ??and what are schools like ..

I would say that mandurah is a nice area, but its impossible to say if your family would be happy there or not as we dont know what your expectations are of the area (or any other for that matter). Are you and your kids always out and about doing sports,clubs etc etc are you out all weekend or are you a family that leads the quiet life, happy to go to the cinema and out for a meal once in while?
For the fully full on family I would say that Halls Heads is definately too far out, mandurah may still be too quiet for you also.
I live in Port Kennedy which is 15 mins drive away (towards the city) from Mandurah. It is better for us as we feel we have the best of both worlds in perth being 40 min drive (or train ride away) and Fremantle being just 20 min drive away and mandurah in the other direction.
Depending what work he is certified to do here there is still lots of work around as much building going on, but impossible to say.
This is purely my opinion but if you have any other q's just PM me.