Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mandurah dwellers

Wikiposts

Mandurah dwellers

Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Mandurah dwellers

Hi all,

I have been searching on google and haven't been able to find the answers. Could anyone around Mandurah tell me of any colleges that speacilaise in sports, particularly water sports e.g kayaking, canoeing, surfing etc? If not a college that I may be able to contact for advice.

I have a 17 year old son who has finished one year at college here in UK in Outdoor Leisure, he really wants to come with us to Aus but has another year to complete. I want to see if there is any way he can transfer all the courses he has already done to an Aus college and carry on, as opposed to starting from scratch.

Any help or advise would be gratefully received. Thanks

Lindsey
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a couple of links for you:

http://www.curriculum.wa.edu.au/page...lth/health.htm
this shows course information available for sports subjects in years 11 & 12

http://www.mcc.wa.edu.au/default.htm
this is the website address for Mandurah Catholic College which is listed in the league tables for 2002 and 2003 as one of the top schools for outdoor education as a subject

Like you I can't find anything that specifically mentions the sports you listed, but hopefully making contact with the school above would direct you somewhere more helpful.

If the kids summer camps are anything to go by, I'm sure these subjects must be well covered somewhere. The kids here have a great choice if the want to try abseiling, white-water rafting, and all those other scarey pursuits. I'm glad mine haven't shown any interest yet - I get enough scares from them falling off their bikes!