Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mandurah or Bunbury

Mandurah or Bunbury

Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice
Default Mandurah or Bunbury

Can anyone tell me anything about either and which is better.
We are looking for a town lifestyle rather than living in Perth city.

I have heard there is a problem with flies or bugs of somewort during summer in Mandurah. Is this true?

And is there property under 400K in walking distance to the beaches at either Mandurah or Bunbury?

Any tips would be great.

Lisa
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:15 am
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mandurah or Bunbury

Originally Posted by LisaT

I have heard there is a problem with flies or bugs of somewort during summer in Mandurah. Is this true?

And is there property under 400K in walking distance to the beaches at either Mandurah or Bunbury?

Any tips would be great.

Lisa
Check out www.realestate.com.au for current property on the market. As for walking distance to the beach? depends how far you want to walk!! If you are talking about a 10-15 minute walk then yes you could get lucky depending on what you are looking for. If you just want to cross the road then perhaps not.

As for Mandurah or Bunbury? Guess depends what you are looking for. Mandurah is closer to Perth and will benefit from the rail link. Bunbury that little bit further and much smaller than Mandurah.

Not sure how bad the bug problem is but cant say that I have noticed it as a problem when I have been down that way. Probably better to send a local real estate agent an email and see if they respond
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:22 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaT

Any tips would be great.

Lisa

Ooh that's a toughy - I think both are lovely. Would be suprised if you could get walking distance to the beach in Mandurah though

Edit: unless that 400k you're talking about is pounds and not dollars!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:16 am
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

You could commute to Perth everyday (even more so when the train line is finished) but you couldn't from Bunbury.

House prices in Mandurah are a bit out of control at the moment so you probably couldn't get a house for less than 400k within 2 minutes walk to the beach for instance - you could have if you were here a year ago though!

There is a well known problem with mozzies in Mandurah as they breed near the estuary and so there is always a worry about Ross River Virus but as long as you take precautions you should be fine. I haven't found them to be terribly bad and that's from someone who comes out in beg whelts when bitten.

Think there are a few people on here who've been in Mandurah a lot longer than me so they might have something else to add.

Just to say Mandurah is fantastic but that's just my opinion.