Wikiposts

Mandurah

Old Dec 7th 2003, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Cool Mandurah

Hi There,

Someone asked me about Mandurah lately and I have lost the thread so hoping to kill two birds with one stone as it were!

Mandurah is a fantastic seaside town (or city if you insist but it is not really!). The front area is lovely during the day but full of youngsters driving their V8s around at night hurling abuse! I had my car broken into the first week we were here!

It is developing at a very fast rate and every inch of spare land is slowy disappearing with houses. In my eyes it is getting built up here a bit too much really (I am sure I have opened the flood gates here!)

The house prices are going through the roof but with the freeway being extended and the new rail line in a few years time it is said that they will go up even more.

It depends what you are after. I have no children myself but it seems like a nice place to bring them up with lots of lovely beaches, bbq areas, parks etc.

Halls head is a very nice area. We have been told the places to avoid are Greenfields and central Mandurah.

I hope this helps anyone looking at moving to this area.

M.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

jimmyz is an unknown quantity at this point

coastal over-development, highways, delinquents in V8's - what the hell is this - Hell? still, if you into that - i.e. appalling over- and poorly-developed coastal towns then there's plenty of places right along east coast australia. and guess what, its only going to get worse with all the baby boomers in the western suburbs thinkng they can sell their sydney houses, get one at half the price on the coast, a better lifestyle, plus a little left over for retirement to hit the local every evening. Cars and property = Australian culture>\