Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Old Sep 2nd 2020, 8:34 pm
  #16  
I'm lovin' it
Thread Starter
 
chippy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,524
chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by louie View Post
As somebody who might be on the plane with unvaccinated you, I'd be delighted if the airlines banned anyone who has not been vaccinated (obviously assuming we one day have an effective, safe and freely available vaccine).
Well, could we have planes for un-vaccinated persons only? Could this be an alternative to constantly banning things certain sectors of the population does not like?
chippy is offline  
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 8:36 pm
  #17  
Lt (R)
 
Pulaski's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Dixie, ex UK
Posts: 49,407
Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by chippy View Post
.... Given the comment you have made about anti-vaxxer's, I think it likely that your level of research into the matter is rather shallow.
It's an opinion. It's OK to have opinions that are different from yours. I happen to agree with Beoz's opinion.

There are good medical reasons for some people to not have a vaccine, but IMO "I don't feel like it", or similar, is not one of them.
Originally Posted by chippy View Post
..... Thing is, I have zero trust in this new vaccine, .....
So you "don't trust" something that doesn't yet exist, at least not in a form that is publically available. Hmmm, OK.
Originally Posted by chippy View Post
.... (despite your arrogant condescending tone).
Thank you!

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 2nd 2020 at 8:41 pm.
Pulaski is offline  
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 8:39 pm
  #18  
I'm lovin' it
Thread Starter
 
chippy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,524
chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
So Australian media is an island of objective, fact-based reporting, not opinion pieces and politically skewed claptrap that has become the norm in most of the rest of the English-speaking world?

Maybe I should look to Australian media for my news reports?
The mainstream media is certainly bs, I agree with you on that (despite your arrogant condescending tone).
chippy is offline  
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 8:50 pm
  #19  
I'm lovin' it
Thread Starter
 
chippy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,524
chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
It's an opinion. It's OK to have opinions that are different from yours. I happen to agree with Beoz's opinion.

There are good medical reasons for some people to not have a vaccine, but IMO "I don't feel like it", or similar, is not one of them.

So you "don't trust" something that doesn't yet exist, at least not in a form that is publically available. Hmmm, OK.

Thank you!
So can I just say "no I don't want it". It has to be a reason that is acceptable to the powers that be? I see....

Seeing as you are goading me then yes, I don't trust the Covid virus vaccine that doesn't exist yet. Barring a yellow fever jab that I had to have for work in Nigeria, I have never had a vaccine in my life, even in childhood, and don't plan on starting now. This is my opinion, which in your words is ok to have.
chippy is offline  
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 8:55 pm
  #20  
Lt (R)
 
Pulaski's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Dixie, ex UK
Posts: 49,407
Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by chippy View Post
So I can just say "no I don't want it". It has to be a reason that is acceptable to the powers that be? I see....

Seeing as you are goading me then yes, I don't trust the Covid virus vaccine that doesn't exist yet. Barring a yellow fever jab that I had to have for work in Nigeria, I have never had a vaccine in my life, even in childhood, and don't plan on starting now. This is my opinion, which in your words is ok to have.
Well I guess you are lucky to have grown up in an era when smallpox, polio, tetanus, whooping cough, and tuberculosis are rare (smallpox is extinct) and you haven't been infected as all are potentially fatal or can cause permanent injuries. ..... They are rare precisely because 90% plus of the population in the industrialized world have had the vaccines.
Pulaski is offline  
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:01 pm
  #21  
I'm lovin' it
Thread Starter
 
chippy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,524
chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Well I guess you are lucky to have grown up in an era when smallpox, polio, tetanus, whooping cough, and tuberculosis are rare (smallpox is extinct) and you haven't been infected as all are potentially fatal or can cause permanent injuries. ..... They are rare precisely because 90% plus of the population in the industrialized world have had the vaccines.
You say that as if it's a fact disputed by no-one. There is actually a great deal of research that disputes it quite emphatically...
chippy is offline  
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:05 pm
  #22  
Lt (R)
 
Pulaski's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Dixie, ex UK
Posts: 49,407
Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by chippy View Post
You say that as if it's a fact disputed by no-one. There is actually a great deal of research that disputes it quite emphatically...
Well there are people who sincerely believe the earth is flat, but that doesn't mean that their beliefs aren't nonsense.

Anyway the countries were those diseases remain endemic are closely correlated with the countries which do not vaccinate. Are there other possible vaccinations? Sure. .... Do they make any sense? Not so much.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 2nd 2020 at 9:08 pm.
Pulaski is offline  
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:09 pm
  #23  
I'm lovin' it
Thread Starter
 
chippy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,524
chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch View Post
Yes, I have seen this article, but thank you for posting it.
chippy is offline  
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:16 pm
  #24  
I'm lovin' it
Thread Starter
 
chippy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,524
chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Well there are people who sincerely believe the earth is flat, but that doesn't mean that their beliefs aren't nonsense.

Anyway the countries were those diseases remain endemic are closely correlated with the countries which do not vaccinate. Are there other possible vaccinations? Sure. .... Do they make any sense? Not so much.
Well, flat Earth is a bit of an extreme example. The whole vaccination topic is a can of worms tbh, I understand the vast majority are all for it, and I'm ok with that. What I'm not ok with is forcing people. It's a very slippery slope, and represents the thin end of a very thick wedge....
chippy is offline  
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:58 pm
  #25  
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 614
andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
They cannot and would not deny entry to citizens.

I would imagine the most likely scenario is vaccine (and prove it) OR - just like currently - you go into compulsory, expensive quarantine on arrival.
As maybe but surely with the existence of vaccine and vaccination within the population quarantine requirement would be redundant, maybe even illegal? Though fwiw I have no knowledge of Australian law.
andyrebell is offline  
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 10:49 pm
  #26  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,147
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by chippy View Post
Yes, as you say, they do mandate for childcare, but there is not a general mandate saying, "all children must be vaccinate no matter what". If they said, "everyone must have the Covid vaccination", then that would indeed be a new level of mandating.

Given the comment you have made about anti-vaxxer's, I think it likely that your level of research into the matter is rather shallow.
Well not really. As I said, children don't have to be vaccinated for medical reasons. Given we don't have a COVID vaccine yet there is unlikely to be any established medical reasons.

As you said, "I don't trust it", that's not a medical reason. However I did ask what you don't trust? 5G implants?

Religious reasons as per some of the pacific island rugby players, again, pretend friend in the sky should not really be a reason either. You start opening that loop hole and no one gets vaccinated and we live with COVID forever. Do you want that?
Beoz is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 5:54 pm
  #27  
I'm lovin' it
Thread Starter
 
chippy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,524
chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Beoz, I want to be able to say, "oh yeah thanks, but I don't want it", or "hmmm, I don't fancy this one, so I'll pass thanks." I don't think I should have to justify myself, or give a reason that fits "acceptable reasons not to have it", medical or otherwise. I could give reasons why I don't want it, but for me that would be circumventing my point, which is that I should not have to give a reason. At the end of the day I must be able to have authority about what chemicals are injected into my body.
chippy is offline  
Old Sep 4th 2020, 7:29 am
  #28  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,147
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by chippy View Post
Beoz, I want to be able to say, "oh yeah thanks, but I don't want it", or "hmmm, I don't fancy this one, so I'll pass thanks." I don't think I should have to justify myself, or give a reason that fits "acceptable reasons not to have it", medical or otherwise. I could give reasons why I don't want it, but for me that would be circumventing my point, which is that I should not have to give a reason. At the end of the day I must be able to have authority about what chemicals are injected into my body.
That's fine, then I hope the government does pass such rules, unlikely they will though. And I do hope they pass such rules, like what they do with child care, because vaccination is not about the individual, its about the majority, therefore if people choose to think about themselves, then the majority shouldn't suffer.

We need and want to open up borders, and for the sake of a few who choose not to be a part of the solution, they should miss out for the benefit of the majority.
Beoz is offline  
Old Sep 9th 2020, 10:06 pm
  #29  
Forum Regular
 
Timmy Chch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Chch
Posts: 190
Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

I think most people are generally on board with vaccinations especially childcare ones which have been years in the making compared go the breakneck speed these vaccines are going at. The big hope Oxford uni one took a bit of a step back yesterday. These things definitely can't be rushed
Timmy Chch is offline  
Old Sep 9th 2020, 11:28 pm
  #30  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,147
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch View Post
I think most people are generally on board with vaccinations especially childcare ones which have been years in the making compared go the breakneck speed these vaccines are going at. The big hope Oxford uni one took a bit of a step back yesterday. These things definitely can't be rushed
It was a step forward for most of the medical views. It found a potential side affect for a tiny minority - great that its been identified early.
Beoz is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.