Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Old Aug 31st 2020, 6:54 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Mandatory Covid Vaccine

I'm not so sure they will impose mandatory Covid vaccines in general, but I have a horrible feeling that they may make it compulsory for entry into Australia, including for returning citizens. And if they did how would they impose it? Would they say you can't even board the plane at your point of departure? This is worrying. Any thoughts or insights anyone?
Old Aug 31st 2020, 8:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandatory Covid Vaccine

Do you have any evidence, other than your own paranoia, that a vaccine would be made mandatory?
Old Aug 31st 2020, 8:39 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy
I'm not so sure they will impose mandatory Covid vaccines in general, but I have a horrible feeling that they may make it compulsory for entry into Australia, including for returning citizens. And if they did how would they impose it? Would they say you can't even board the plane at your point of departure? This is worrying. Any thoughts or insights anyone?
I have never been to Australia but surely they cannot deny their own citizens re-entry into the country if they refuse the vaccine or had not been vaccinated before leaving?
Old Aug 31st 2020, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

They cannot and would not deny entry to citizens.

I would imagine the most likely scenario is vaccine (and prove it) OR - just like currently - you go into compulsory, expensive quarantine on arrival.

Old Aug 31st 2020, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
They cannot and would not deny entry to citizens.
But the airlines could refuse to carry you unless you had been vaccinated.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 4:58 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I would also see issues with travel insurance if you don't get vaccinated. So get vaccinated.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 5:52 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Do you have any evidence, other than your own paranoia, that a vaccine would be made mandatory?
Clearly, you do not read Australian media.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 5:54 am
I'm lovin' it

Originally Posted by louie
But the airlines could refuse to carry you unless you had been vaccinated.
Exactly, and this is the way I think it might go...
Old Sep 1st 2020, 6:01 am
I'm lovin' it

Originally Posted by themerlin
I would also see issues with travel insurance if you don't get vaccinated. So get vaccinated.
Yes, I get that this is the simple way through. Thing is, I have zero trust in this new vaccine, and have no intention of getting it, but being stuck in London atm, I don't want to get myself into a situation where I literally can't get back home, ever.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Got covered here last week https://www.news.com.au/national/can...6404121706dbb9
Old Sep 1st 2020, 1:14 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly, you do not read Australian media.
So Australian media is an island of objective, fact-based reporting, not opinion pieces and politically skewed claptrap that has become the norm in most of the rest of the English-speaking world?

Maybe I should look to Australian media for my news reports?

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 1st 2020 at 1:41 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I get that this is the simple way through. Thing is, I have zero trust in this new vaccine, and have no intention of getting it, but being stuck in London atm, I don't want to get myself into a situation where I literally can't get back home, ever.
Which vaccine don't you trust? There are 150 in development, none of which are available to Australians.

Australia already mandates vaccines for child care attendance in most states unless the child has a medical reason not to. Mandating is not new.

The anti vaxxer movement is a very selfish movement. The idea behind vaccination is to provide enough of the population with anti bodies so a disease dies out. It's not about the individual and their pro choice ideals, it's about everyone else.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

As somebody who might be on the plane with unvaccinated you, I'd be delighted if the airlines banned anyone who has not been vaccinated (obviously assuming we one day have an effective, safe and freely available vaccine).
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 11:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Which vaccine don't you trust? There are 150 in development, none of which are available to Australians.

Australia already mandates vaccines for child care attendance in most states unless the child has a medical reason not to. Mandating is not new.

The anti vaxxer movement is a very selfish movement. The idea behind vaccination is to provide enough of the population with anti bodies so a disease dies out. It's not about the individual and their pro choice ideals, it's about everyone else.

Please bear in mid that there are also medical reasons why some people do not wish to be cannot be vaccinated. Nor everyone is an "anti-vaxxer" - some people just want to msintain there exiting level of health without a greater risk.

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 2nd 2020 at 12:02 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 8:29 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally Posted by Beoz

Yes, as you say, they do mandate for childcare, but there is not a general mandate saying, "all children must be vaccinate no matter what". If they said, "everyone must have the Covid vaccination", then that would indeed be a new level of mandating.

Given the comment you have made about anti-vaxxer's, I think it likely that your level of research into the matter is rather shallow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.