Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Manchester Unity Health insurance- Take it or better not???

Manchester Unity Health insurance- Take it or better not???

Old Sep 5th 2006, 11:27 pm
D&W
Forum Regular

D&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the rough
Default Manchester Unity Health insurance- Take it or better not???

Hiya,

After doing a bit a research (incl. using iselect) it seems for us that Manchester Unity offers the cheapest premium for a decent Hospital/Extras cover package. The package I have in mind is called Healthmate Executive and it costs about $180 per months for a family. I think thats not too bad.

But I have also found one post in BE which states that their performance in comparison with other major insurance companies was one of the worst.
...Which make me think twice about using them.

Is there anybody out there who has singed up with Manchester Unity and can give me some feedback of your experience? Any comment is much appreciated. (If you don't want to post it here please send me a PM. )

Many thanks,
Diana
Old Sep 6th 2006, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Manchester Unity Health insurance- Take it or better not???

Originally Posted by D&W
Hiya,

Is there anybody out there who has singed up with Manchester Unity and can give me some feedback of your experience? Any comment is much appreciated. (If you don't want to post it here please send me a PM. )

Many thanks,
Diana
We currently have MU Healthmate Executive and pay $144 for 2 adults. Our experience is as follows.

Jan 02 - Credit card payment of $144
Feb 02 - Credit card payment of $144
... - Credit card payment of $144
Sep 06 - Credit card payment of $144

Thats about as must interaction we have with them
We have never claimed anything from them even though we both wear glasses and the other half is ALWAYS at the doctors.

KS