Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Manchester United hangouts SYDNEY

Manchester United hangouts SYDNEY

Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:18 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Manchester United hangouts SYDNEY

Hi,

Im 34 .Im moving to sydney soon, probably Manly way or northern beaches. Are there any supporters branches in sydney area.

The only things ill miss about the uk are my friends and football on a saturday sunday or monday at a normal time. My missus is not a footy fan but she is happy for me to get out!

I am happy to get up at or stay up til silly a.m. to watch it and im wondering if there are a group of guys / gals / idiots like me out there to get in touch with now and hope i can make some new friends for the future through the international language of
FOOTBALL.

Thanks for any replies to this matter, and p1ssoff to the hijackers just to tell me how crap united are or how good thier team is etc. This is a genuine thread to try and make new friewnds in oz, and so i can then treat my old mates like i dont know them anymore, and i can tell them they are expendable now as i have new mates!! LOL

alk

Last edited by alkristensen; Apr 20th 2006 at 12:20 am.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester United hangouts SYDNEY

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Hi,

Im 34 .Im moving to sydney soon, probably Manly way or northern beaches. Are there any supporters branches in sydney area.

The only things ill miss about the uk are my friends and football on a saturday sunday or monday at a normal time. My missus is not a footy fan but she is happy for me to get out!

I am happy to get up at or stay up til silly a.m. to watch it and im wondering if there are a group of guys / gals / idiots like me out there to get in touch with now and hope i can make some new friends for the future through the international language of
FOOTBALL.

Thanks for any replies to this matter, and p1ssoff to the hijackers just to tell me how crap united are or how good thier team is etc. This is a genuine thread to try and make new friewnds in oz, and so i can then treat my old mates like i dont know them anymore, and i can tell them they are expendable now as i have new mates!! LOL

alk
Your local gay bar would be the place to go.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:58 am
Just Joined

Baron_Badger is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya m8

Although not a big MU or footie fan myself (more rugby) my m8 who is arriving out then end of this month is a huge MU fan (hes already been bugging me about whether he cant watch the footbal out here) and am sure he would be up for meeting up too watch some games. Myslef also, Must admit now im not subjected to football 24hrs a day spend more time watching it then i ever did.

Am house sharing to cut the cost and are out in the manly area, Balgowlah to be exact.

Anyhow if you want to make contact drop me a line at [email protected].

All the best
Karl

Last edited by Baron_Badger; Apr 20th 2006 at 3:05 am.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 3:45 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

FOOTBALL.

alk
Hiya alk,
Soz can't help you - but good luck in your search. i will keep an eye out now though.
L-j
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:11 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baron_Badger
Hiya m8

Although not a big MU or footie fan myself (more rugby) my m8 who is arriving out then end of this month is a huge MU fan (hes already been bugging me about whether he cant watch the footbal out here) and am sure he would be up for meeting up too watch some games. Myslef also, Must admit now im not subjected to football 24hrs a day spend more time watching it then i ever did.

Am house sharing to cut the cost and are out in the manly area, Balgowlah to be exact.

Anyhow if you want to make contact drop me a line at [email protected].

All the best
Karl
Cheers karl, if he cant get man u on fox, then he can use broadband to get it.
its like an online stream, you need a fastish connection 1mb or above, and it shows up on windows media player, great if you havent got fox or fox aint showing it. The more people on the connection the bettr it is like p2p file sharing.

Go to www.redweb.tk click on live streams, click on pplive next match, this will show you whats on live this week and on what channels, bookmark this page for a reference. You can then go on to their forums to see what channels other teams or sport are playing.

Then go to http://www.asiaplate.com/live.today.htm and download all of the tv players, sopcast pplive ppstream etc, these will (once program started) be like a tv remote and you click on the channel you were told in the list earlier on redweb.tk pplive e.g espn, shanghai sports, etc etc.

Just find what station man u is on (or whatever team you want as most are on the list if they are live including basketball golf etc etc.) then open that program, then go to the asia plate website and there should be a list of the games and the chanels and just click PLAY button, that crresponds with the proram you have opened(open them all if unsure!) it all should fire up then!

Basically the sports stations beam a signal out, someone somewhere picks them up and feeds them to us through these programs, and we get them live. The picture is a little jumpy for about 5- 10 mins, but hey its free dont complain. Its just asians tying to achieve status over others techies by getting the most users on their streams, great for us!!

The only change to your computer is You have to go to tools tab in your windows media player, click on options tab, then network and check all 5 boxes and apply. Your comp is now set up to recieve streams.

ps im only moving next year so will look you up then when you have started, mufc supporters club sydney branch!
Happy viewing.

alk

Last edited by alkristensen; Apr 24th 2006 at 11:14 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Hi,

FOOTBALL.

alk
Hi Alk

We are on the North Shore and my hubby is a huge Man U fan as is our oldest daughter (the other two of us are Liverpool supporters!). He is always checking bbc sport for the results. Anyway, when you get here, I'm sure he would be up for watching footie with another Man U supporter.

When are you due to arrive?

Debs
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by debilloyd
Hi Alk

We are on the North Shore and my hubby is a huge Man U fan as is our oldest daughter (the other two of us are Liverpool supporters!). He is always checking bbc sport for the results. Anyway, when you get here, I'm sure he would be up for watching footie with another Man U supporter.

When are you due to arrive?

Debs
Hi, shouldnt really talk to you scousers LOL, but we are only due out next year so will keep in touch and am just gettin like minded people intesersted now, then i might be able to start a footy forum and meet new mates and mad as a hatter footy fans who will stay up til all hours watching it!

dont care whom you support, its all good, and the only bit of english heritage i want to keep alive in oz.
alk
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:45 am
Just Joined

murphy54 is an unknown quantity at this point

:scared: :scared: :scared: that is weird
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:47 am
Banned

Originally Posted by murphy54
:scared: :scared: :scared: that is weird
why?
Old Apr 26th 2006, 2:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
Hiya alk,
Soz can't help you - but good luck in your search. i will keep an eye out now though.
L-j
cheers lj

alan jk
Old Apr 26th 2006, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

I Know how you feel I was a season ticket holder and leaving the football is still the hardest thing
I do seee most matches on fowtel and text people at the games occasionally ring at half time to try to feel the atmosphere even so its not the same
PS came 10 months ago so this is the first season i have missed
pps in Brisbane so cant watch the games with you
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

hawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of light

The Beauchamp Hotel on Oxford Street in Sydney is popular amongst expat Man Utd fans who are out in Sydney
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by hawk2005
The Beauchamp Hotel on Oxford Street in Sydney is popular amongst expat Man Utd fans who are out in Sydney
Thanks and even if your kidding it s a scouse bar then at least ill have a laugh with em, !

alk
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:43 pm
Banned

Thanks and even if your kidding it s a scouse bar then at least ill have a laugh with em, !

alk
or a gay bar!

al
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

or a gay bar!

al
LOL

y do people make the connection

MU......David Beckham........gay?

LOL

lj x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.