Reload this Page >

Manchester to Manly

Manchester to Manly

Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

kristymc is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Manchester to Manly

Hi All

I am moving to Manly in October and have booked a hotel for 2 weeks in order to find a flat to rent and have job interviews. I am wanting to ask if anyone would have any idea where to get some furniture or household goods as I am only bringing 1 suitcase, ill need everything as I am renting my house back in Manchester fully furnished etc.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:23 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Re: Manchester to Manly

Originally Posted by kristymc
Hi All

I am moving to Manly in October and have booked a hotel for 2 weeks in order to find a flat to rent and have job interviews. I am wanting to ask if anyone would have any idea where to get some furniture or household goods as I am only bringing 1 suitcase, ill need everything as I am renting my house back in Manchester fully furnished etc.
Sorry don't have any info for you but just wanted to say I am so jealous as I really love Manly but can not afford to live there, your very lucky.
Good luck.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

manc in oz is just really nicemanc in oz is just really nicemanc in oz is just really nicemanc in oz is just really nicemanc in oz is just really nicemanc in oz is just really nicemanc in oz is just really nicemanc in oz is just really nice

Hi Kirsty

I moved from Manchester to Dee Why (not far from Manly) and am now in Mosman.

If you want to shop locally, Brookvale (a suburb near Manly has a number of shops):
'Indo Down Under' - sells gorgeous reasonably priced furniture. We bought an L-shaped settee from there - it was made to order - we were able to choose the fabric and the configuration of the 'L'.

'Freedom Furniture' - can get all your furniture, lamps, dinner sets etc. Here is the link:
http://www.freedom.com.au/

There are also a couple of bed shops there.

Warringah Mall (also at Brookvale) has a number of shops, including Bing Lee, Dick Smith, Powerhouse etc where you can buy all you electrical and white goods.

Not too far from Manly (though you would need a car to get out there), in Belrose there is a Homemakers supacentre. This has a lot of the shops you will need all under the one roof. Here is the link:
http://www.supacentabelrose.com.au/r...jsp?shop_id=75

If Ikea is more to your liking there is one at Rhodes.

Hope this helps
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

kristymc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manc in oz
Hi Kirsty

I moved from Manchester to Dee Why (not far from Manly) and am now in Mosman.

If you want to shop locally, Brookvale (a suburb near Manly has a number of shops):
'Indo Down Under' - sells gorgeous reasonably priced furniture. We bought an L-shaped settee from there - it was made to order - we were able to choose the fabric and the configuration of the 'L'.

'Freedom Furniture' - can get all your furniture, lamps, dinner sets etc. Here is the link:
http://www.freedom.com.au/

There are also a couple of bed shops there.

Warringah Mall (also at Brookvale) has a number of shops, including Bing Lee, Dick Smith, Powerhouse etc where you can buy all you electrical and white goods.

Not too far from Manly (though you would need a car to get out there), in Belrose there is a Homemakers supacentre. This has a lot of the shops you will need all under the one roof. Here is the link:
http://www.supacentabelrose.com.au/r...jsp?shop_id=75

If Ikea is more to your liking there is one at Rhodes.

Hope this helps
Thanks very much thats a great help to us, counting down the days until we arrive now
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:49 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Are you talking about te same Manly? There are two to my knowledge. You'd have to pay me to live in the Sydney one but I know nothing about the QLD Manly.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I've got a friend who's just moved over to Manly in Sydney and he seems to love it there.