Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Manchester Flights Singapore Air no longer direct!?

Manchester Flights Singapore Air no longer direct!?

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:54 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester Flights Singapore Air no longer direct!?

Originally Posted by MrCro
Has anyone made this trip yet? There seems to only be one hours from landing to take off in Munich so do you stay on the plane??
New routing doesn't start til March.

Originally Posted by Seasider
I've nothing to back this up but I thought they weren't supposed to refuel with passengers on board? bcworld?
You can definitely stay onboard during refuel....even this week I was on Virginblue and when we boarded the seatbelt signs were turned off as we were refueling - need to be able to make a quick exit just in case!

Main reason you might have to get off in Munich is if the plane had to be cleaned or re-catered, not sure they would after a short sector from MAN, but maybe.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:10 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

On the bright side I suspect its more FF points doing it that way anyhow
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Seasider
I've nothing to back this up but I thought they weren't supposed to refuel with passengers on board? bcworld? (That said, we did once in Jeddah, but that was a reroute...long story...)

MrCro, why don't you go into LHR and take the shuttle up to MAN? We've done that in the past.
I have done it that way several times just find it draining making way across heathrow on shuttle buses after 22 hours in the air and the hours added to the overall journey.

I would imagine they will fuel in Manchester (especially as £ so weak so cheaper!!)

What's the new plane and services that someone mentioned earlier in the thread? Have they finally done away with the old 777???
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:04 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I have done it that way several times just find it draining making way across heathrow on shuttle buses after 22 hours in the air and the hours added to the overall journey.
Yeah, I know what you mean - by the time we get to Heathrow and fart about getting a hire car, I just want to be teleported to Redcar. We haven't done LHR-MAN since we moved to Oz but we did do it once or twice when we lived in SIN, and I don't recall it being too much of a faff, but I couldn't tell you which terminals we went in and out of.

Total aside, but The Geek has just been to the US on Qantas A380 Premium Economy (in fact was due to land back about 3 mins ago!), and said it's pretty damn good. Might have to look into that
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:10 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I would imagine they will fuel in Manchester (especially as £ so weak so cheaper!!)

What's the new plane and services that someone mentioned earlier in the thread? Have they finally done away with the old 777???
The plane is still a 777 but a newer model with the A380 style economy and business class like here:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...lass/index.jsp

It will also have first class which MAN didn't have before. This is odd because although you say that it was often full up the back the problem with the route is poor loads in business class - now they've added first as well! Further fuel to the argument that MAN might disappear altogether!?

This is bad news for frequent flyers as SIA doesn't allow cheap Krisflyer redemptions in the business & first class on these planes...or free them up at all for partner airlines. So there will be no good value way to get these seats into the UK with SQ as LHR is the same.

The cost of fuel in MAN won't make any difference to the airline - they have likely hedged their purchase cost at a certain figure anyway so where they get it doesn't matter.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

The A380 with SIA is great escpecially upstairs in economy!

Think we will prob still go from Man with them and have to put up with hour in Munich.

Only prob is that when we are looking to go it's over £600 one way!!!