Manchester Expo

Old Aug 8th 2006, 3:43 pm
Telford Tigers fan

stumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Manchester Expo

Hello, I've just joined after seeing the gmtv story and am making very early enquiries about emigrating. I see there is an Expo in Manchester in November, but they charge £10 each. Has anyone been to one and is it worth going?

Cheers
Jane
Old Aug 8th 2006, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester Expo

Originally Posted by stumo
Hello, I've just joined after seeing the gmtv story and am making very early enquiries about emigrating. I see there is an Expo in Manchester in November, but they charge £10 each. Has anyone been to one and is it worth going?

Cheers
Jane

hello and Welcome to BE.
Regarding expo's they may be worth it depending on who has organised it and if there are any poteninal employers.
i went to a one at Gateshead by Four corners and to be honest i learned more on BE than i did there.
i would rather spend the money on a Working and living in Australia book.
That book was reccomended to me by a BE member and i have found it invaluable.
Good luck
Mandy
Old Aug 8th 2006, 5:54 pm
Telford Tigers fan

stumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond repute

[i would rather spend the money on a Working and living in Australia book.

Thanks for that - I found it 2nd hand on Amazon so have ordered it.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 5:58 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

[i would rather spend the money on a Working and living in Australia book.

Thanks for that - I found it 2nd hand on Amazon so have ordered it.

welcome to the forum!!

....what gmtv story?
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:02 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Jane
hi jJane
welcome to B.E

i havnt personaly been to an expo but from the feedback on here i get the impression that they are not that impressive

if you need to know something just ask
you`ll be amazed at the help that the people on BE will give

regards sSteve
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:10 pm
Telford Tigers fan

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
welcome to the forum!!

....what gmtv story?
This one http://origin.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=21880
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:20 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

aaahhh, thank you.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Jane

Sorry I've never been to an Expo and you will certainly get oodles of info from everyone on here, but thanks for mentioning this because I fancy going along to it as well now. It might satisfy my addiction for all info relating to Oz at least for a couple of days!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: North East - planning to move to Southern Queensland
BillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by milliewoos
Sorry I've never been to an Expo and you will certainly get oodles of info from everyone on here, but thanks for mentioning this because I fancy going along to it as well now. It might satisfy my addiction for all info relating to Oz at least for a couple of days!
We noticed that there's an 'Australia Skills Expo' in Manchester on 17-18th October too. It seems to be organised by DIMIA and is aimed at people who match the Skills List - the web site says that there will be lots of employers and you can only attend if they invite you. You apply to be be invited by filling out a brief CV on the DIMIA web site. Presumably if your skills match something they want you get the invite. I can't say whether it will be any good - but I figure the more you get to talk to people and find out about jobs, etc, the better.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillandAbby
We noticed that there's an 'Australia Skills Expo' in Manchester on 17-18th October too. It seems to be organised by DIMIA and is aimed at people who match the Skills List - the web site says that there will be lots of employers and you can only attend if they invite you. You apply to be be invited by filling out a brief CV on the DIMIA web site. Presumably if your skills match something they want you get the invite. I can't say whether it will be any good - but I figure the more you get to talk to people and find out about jobs, etc, the better.
Ooh thanks - am off to investigate...
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Location: North East - planning to move to Southern Queensland
BillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by milliewoos
Ooh thanks - am off to investigate...
Here's the web site:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skillexpos/index.htm
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:35 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BillandAbby
Well Ive signed up for it and its not cost me £10 yet?
Old Aug 8th 2006, 9:09 pm
Telford Tigers fan

Originally Posted by Dianej
Well Ive signed up for it and its not cost me £10 yet?
Brilliant, I lost the link to the original expo and did a search and found the one in November, but now I realise that is the one I really wanted to go to - thanks for that.

Jane
Old Aug 8th 2006, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

michellef is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Manchester Expo

Cheers
Jane
Hi Jane,

my husband went to an Expo in London and he actually got sponsored by the company he is going to work for.So it was worth it for us,but he did not have to pay £10.

All the best,
Michelle

my husband went to an Expo in London and he actually got sponsored
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Jane
They are basically a waste of time & effort IMO. You will get more info here. Spend the 10 quid on a couple of beers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.