Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

managed to get through today

managed to get through today

Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Thumbs up managed to get through today

.......without breaking down at all.
No tears, not once.
A bit ironic actually, turned the radio on and went straight into Robbie Williams whistling the introduction to ' Mr Bojangles'. Now that was dads favourite song (by sammy Davis jnr) and it was played throughout his service. Never, ever heard it played on the radio though??????
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:37 pm
maggy

Default Re: managed to get through today

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
No tears, not once.
A bit ironic actually, turned the radio on and went straight into Robbie Williams whistling the introduction to ' Mr Bojangles'. Now that was dads favourite song (by sammy Davis jnr) and it was played throughout his service. Never, ever heard it played on the radio though??????
Thinking of you sandra and have followed your posts.

Hugs and thoughts out to you just now

Love

Mags

xxx

Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Two more coincidences.....all the lads in our family are manic chelsea fans, hence we have the only boxer in Perth named.......Lampard!!! Now dad was a man u supporter. How often do these 2 clubs meet???????? I havent the foggiest!! How often do they meet on a wednesday??? which also happened to be the day of dads service (cant say the other word!) which also happened to be Australia day, which was ironic what with this being our first year in Australia. Strange.......
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:46 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Chill love, it's normal - like when you get a new car and suddenly all around you are the same make, model and colour you haven't seen before.

Your dad is on your mind and things are linking up. You've probably heard Robbie singing that before but not had the circumstances.

Same with the footie. It will get better, until an anniversary of something when it all comes back again.

Take care.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 4:37 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Sandra

It's good to hear you're starting to feel a little better. The pain of losing your Dad will never go away...it will just get easier to live with.

Take care hun

Petra
Old Feb 4th 2005, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Sandra its nearly 4 months now sinces Stus dad died and 2 months since my mum died I couldnt even think at first and cried most of the time
I know how you feel honey and just wanted to say its true time does heal a bit

you're dad must have been a great man to be a fellow Man U supporter

let me know if you would like me to send you a programme from the Chelsae man U clash later this year

love mary
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

[you're dad must have been a great man to be a fellow Man U supporter

let me know if you would like me to send you a programme from the Chelsae man U clash later this year

love mary[/QUOTE]

Not quite so sure about the first statement, mind you I am surrounded here by Lampard fans ( everyone loves my boxer)

However would LOVE a programme!!!

Petra.still feel really guilty about not getting round to you, as you have been so supportive, but honestly I was a mess, and didnt look to good either!!!!
I would have definately put off your prospective buyers!!

Love
Old Feb 5th 2005, 9:29 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=sj oldfield

Petra.still feel really guilty about not getting round to you, as you have been so supportive, but honestly I was a mess, and didnt look to good either!!!!
I would have definately put off your prospective buyers!![/QUOTE]

Don't even THINK about feeling guilty!!!!!!! This is ME you're talking to and you know I completely understand!

As we didn't manage to get together while you were over....what better excuse do I need to have a holiday in Perth???!!
Old Feb 5th 2005, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

As we didn't manage to get together while you were over....what better excuse do I need to have a holiday in Perth???!! [/QUOTE]

You will be more than welcome.............and we will make sure the holiday home is empty just for you and yours!!!!!

with love
Old Feb 5th 2005, 10:18 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

No tears, not once.
It will get easier with time...on saying that birthdays etc are the worst...it would have been my Dad's 71st birthday today and I still thought of him all day and shed a few tears even if it was 12 years ago.....feels like it was yesterday and I miss him like hell....but life goes on and my is better for having learned from my darling Dad

Take care
Old Feb 5th 2005, 10:39 am
....is FAB

You will be more than welcome.............and we will make sure the holiday home is empty just for you and yours!!!!!

with love
Aww Cheers!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to it!
Old Feb 5th 2005, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

So glad to see you on the forum, Sandra and to hear that you are 'ok'...

keep remembering and smiling, time only makes memories more precious, they never fade away...

Best wishes,

Leigh. x