Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Man U Out In "fergie Time"

Man U Out In "fergie Time"

Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by WBB

What is this thing with Man U ?...What have they done ?who is the man in the photo ?....
Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

warwick road is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Originally posted by gunnercaz
Was at friends house watching game...I did jump for joy! Weh Hey to Porto!!! My mate's a Derby fan and felt sorry for em...."Imagine that" he said "losing out on an 89th minute goal"........Huh??? Made even more better and enjoyable to watch mee thinks!
Looking forward to semi final game V fergie and his crew at the Villa ground.....C'mon Arsenal get that ticket info out...I want loooooooads of tickets for that game so me and my mates can chant some nice songs to the Utd fans......honest!!

Jesus Christ, Utd get beat and the board turns into the muppet show!!

i'm sure you do want loads of tickets, just like you did for the charity shield at the start of the season .....

Of course, Arsenals record in Europe speaks for itself!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:40 am
Just Joined

ALMAR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jeannie
What is this thing with Man U ?...What have they done ?who is the man in the photo ?....
Ignore them Jeannie - all got simple minds - just very jealous of Man Utd's success over the last decade. - if they were true English Football supporters they wouldn't be carrying on like a bunch of saddo's - and they would have seen that that Scholes's SECOND goal this morning was clearly ON SIDE !!

Th man is the picture is Sir Alex Ferguson who is manager of Man United . He is the first MANAGER ever manage a side to a treble winners season in1999 - Premiership/ FA Cup & Champions League something Arsenal wil doubtfully ever achieve and Liverpool can only dream about.

Cheers
ALMAR
Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:48 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by ALMAR
Ignore them Jeannie - all got simple minds - just very jealous of Man Utd's success over the last decade. - if they were true English Football supporters they wouldn't be carrying on like a bunch of saddo's - and they would have seen that that Scholes's SECOND goal this morning was clearly ON SIDE !!

Th man is the picture is Sir Alex Ferguson who is manager of Man United . He is the first MANAGER ever manage a side to a treble winners season in1999 - Premiership/ FA Cup & Champions League something Arsenal wil doubtfully ever achieve and Liverpool can only dream about.

Cheers
ALMAR
Almar, let them have their moment of Joy.
Some things only come round once in a lifetime

Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:55 am
Just Joined

ALMAR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Almar, let them have their moment of Joy.
Some things only come round once in a lifetime
You hit the nail on the headthere ABC - well said !!

Shows how much they must fear Man Utd though!!
Cheers
ALMAR

Old Mar 10th 2004, 5:38 am
Badge

how come Beckham wasn't playing? Wasn't it him who was the star in 1999? I remember the win well, as I was overseas at the time and we caught the last 10 minutes on TV.

Badge

Old Mar 10th 2004, 6:25 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
how come Beckham wasn't playing? Wasn't it him who was the star in 1999? I remember the win well, as I was overseas at the time and we caught the last 10 minutes on TV.

Badge
David El Beckham plays for Real Madrid. He should be on tonight.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by ALMAR

Cheers
ALMAR

I see thanks.... but come on fellas.....I'm a huge hockey fan and there are teams I dont root for. But i sure do if Canada is playing another country........ ok I'm duckin....
Old Mar 10th 2004, 7:24 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by jeannie
I see thanks.... but come on fellas.....I'm a huge hockey fan and there are teams I dont root for. But i sure do if Canada is playing another country........ ok I'm duckin....
Maybe they are getting in the practice for supporting Australian teams ?

Old Mar 10th 2004, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what Fergie has done in the last year or two:

Announces his retirement but then changes his mind and gets a new contract, then asks for a contract extension (majority shareholders Magnier and J P McManus reluctant to grant -see Rock of Gibraltar and agent son below).

Got rid of Beckham after kicking a boot at him - this place isn't big enough for the 3 of us - me, Posh and Becks. Haven't they missed Beckham this season? What have they replaced him with? Ronaldo (Christiano not THE), Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson and various other fringe players.

His 'brains', Carlos Quiroz went to manage Real Madrid, his previous 'brains' went to manage Middlesbrough (so he bought Forlan who was on trial with 'Boro to spite McLaren) but no, Fergie can manage by himself, I don't need an assistant manager. As the season disintegrates he admits the error of his ways and appoints Walter Smith - horses and stable doors.

He is given a gift of a share in the racehorse Rock of Gibraltar by one of the main shareholders in the business which employs him -enjoys racing success, but when the horse is put to stud he claims he is entitled to a share of the stud fees - proceeds to threaten to sue the owner for his 'rightful' share. Said shareholder increases his shareholding in the club, asks awkward questions about all the backhanders Fergie's son is allegedly getting from players transferred to, err, Man Utd. Best case of 'never look a gift horse in the mouth' there's been. As with Walter Smith, belatedly sees the error of his ways and drops legal action against Magnier.

Tries to play his 'mind games' with Arsenal and Porto - both backfire spectacularly. His 'mind games' get to his supporters and they spend all the Porto match giving abuse to the goalkeeper who Keane stood on (presumably because he didn't say thanks for putting your studs in my back?). Spend all the time giving abuse to one of the young Porto forwards who falls when touched, just like, err Van the man.

Who is watching in the stand last night as they are knocked out? Roy Keane - how many big matches, not to mention the World Cup has he missed through his own stupidity and Rio Ferdinand - he doesn't need to attend a mere drug test, the club back him, if they had taken their punishment from the outset it would have been less and he would be back playing by now. Arrogance and petulance and backfiring 'mind games' by the manager do affect the players it seems.

So, 2004 you could say has been Fergie's and Man Utd's 'annus horribilus'. Still they've got one trophy left - they just have to play Arsenal in the semi of the cup! And for all their supposed success it has mainly been domestically - 8 times in a row in the last 8 of the Champions League wasn't it for 1 win which was Bayern's until the last few minutes. OK, Arsenal and Chelsea have won one less - but they're still in with a shout this year!

OzTennis
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OzTennis
So, 2004 you could say has been Fergie's and Man Utd's 'annus horribilus'. Still they've got one trophy left - they just have to play Arsenal in the semi of the cup! And for all their supposed success it has mainly been domestically - 8 times in a row in the last 8 of the Champions League wasn't it for 1 win which was Bayern's until the last few minutes. OK, Arsenal and Chelsea have won one less - but they're still in with a shout this year!

OzTennis
They're clinging on to that treble! Domestic success in last ten years has been great but 2 European Cups - that's half as many as Liverpool!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
They're clinging on to that treble! Domestic success in last ten years has been great but 2 European Cups - that's half as many as Liverpool!
Ah, your dislike for the Reds is revealed, you support the real Reds. Mine is because I didn't like Fergie's 'mind games' which worked so successfully on Kevin '9 points ahead, how did we blow it' Keegan. I also don't like what sometimes comes with power, wealth and (domestic) success.

OzTennis
Old Mar 10th 2004, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Man U Out In "fergie Time"

Whats the difference between United and Leicester?
Leicester still have players in Europe!!!!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 8:24 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by andy thomas
where are all you so called fans now,
thats what happens when you are paid too much money and you think you've got a right to go through no matter what. well in the real world you've got to earn the right, superstars or spoilt kids?

oh by the way good luck on sunday when you visit us a the bluecamp
Ah ,the Bluecamp.
There will always be a place in my heart that is forever England.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image005.jpg (15.7 KB, 65 views)
Old Mar 10th 2004, 8:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Time to face reality.
United are a team on the way down. It's happened before: Leeds,Liverpool etc.
The Bubble always bursts.
Fans (most of whom live anywhere but Manchester) will move on and start to support the next 'best' team such as Arsenal at the moment.
Once big clubs decline there is little to prevent Freefall.

I support Forest.We were there once.Look now

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.