Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The man from Canberra, he said yes!!

Wikiposts

The man from Canberra, he said yes!!

Old May 5th 2003, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The man from Canberra, he said yes!!

well, after lots of support and encouragement from all the nice people on this site, i took the bull by the horns and sent THE E-MAIL asking my hubbies relative in Canberra if they would sponsor aand assure us, and He said yes!!! he has also offered to help us with rented accomodation and jobs when we arrive!. The relief is great...we can't even start the vissa process till Dec 03 due to gaining post grad experience, and i know we have a lot more stress ahead of us, but as he lives in a designated area, it could possibly knock of 1-2years waiting if we had gone the skilled migration route.

Just thought it would be nice to share our good news

thanks to all those who gave us the encouragement to go for it!

Ellen
Old May 5th 2003, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent news. Are you going to get all your documents ready for december so that when that date comes round, dhl and off it goes.

Good luck

Karen and Andy
Old May 5th 2003, 6:26 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

WhooHooo well done, something to start planning for now.
Old May 5th 2003, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes we are going to do as much as possible befor Dec, no 1 is to put house on market and settle some debts,i know this sounds a bit premature, but if any thing was to go wrong we want to move from our area anyway. i know we can't do things like medicals and police checks yet, but having the money in the bank prior visa application will mean we can move faster when the time comes.

thanks for congrates
Ellen
Old May 5th 2003, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done.

footie chick
Old May 5th 2003, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Re: The man from Canberra, he said yes!!

Originally posted by ellen1
well, after lots of support and encouragement from all the nice people on this site, i took the bull by the horns and sent THE E-MAIL asking my hubbies relative in Canberra if they would sponsor aand assure us, and He said yes!!! he has also offered to help us with rented accomodation and jobs when we arrive!. The relief is great...we can't even start the vissa process till Dec 03 due to gaining post grad experience, and i know we have a lot more stress ahead of us, but as he lives in a designated area, it could possibly knock of 1-2years waiting if we had gone the skilled migration route.

Just thought it would be nice to share our good news

thanks to all those who gave us the encouragement to go for it!

Ellen

I wouldn't expect you would have to wait 1 - 2 years for the visa. They are churning them out much quicker at the moment. Hopefully you might only have to wait 6months to a year.

Good news anyway, it must be nice to have some family out there to support you.