Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Man Bitten By Banana Spider.... in Wales!!!

Man Bitten By Banana Spider.... in Wales!!!

Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Talking Man Bitten By Banana Spider.... in Wales!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4080950.stm

Never copied a link before...hope it worked, but it just goes to show...you don't have to downunder to get bitten by a spider!

Newport Sainsbury store I believe....Shecha no wonder you left!!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:37 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Man Bitten By Banana Spider.... in Wales!!!

Originally Posted by logan

Never copied a link before...hope it worked, but it just goes to show...you don't have to downunder to get bitten by a spider!

I like the bit in the report where they say "we arranged for his shopping to be dropped at his home." Wow
Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I like the bit in the report where they say "we arranged for his shopping to be dropped at his home." Wow
I know! Bet eating his bananas was the last thing on his mind!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:37 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Logan,

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Yet another good reason to leave Newport!!!! Thank God we left - thats where we used to shop!!!

Shell
x
Old Jun 11th 2005, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

I read of a woman in Perth being attacked by a One Eyed Trouser Snake the other day. From what the rest of the article said, it took quite some mouth to mouth and external heart massage to bring her round.

After regaining her composure, her comment was "I died and went to heaven"
Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Shudder, I used to shop there :scared: I have heard of that happening before. I guess that is why they don't allow you to import fruit into Oz. What a freaky thought, a spider hiding amongst the nanas ready to pounce when you are picking them off the shelf.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

There have been stories about people in South Wales being scared to death by giant spiders in the past. The cargo boats carrying bananas from the West Indies always docked in Cardiff (maybe they still do) and the tarantulas lurking amongst the bananas would decamp there.

They should be used to it by now
Old Jun 11th 2005, 4:25 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nickyc
There have been stories about people in South Wales being scared to death by giant spiders in the past. The cargo boats carrying bananas from the West Indies always docked in Cardiff (maybe they still do) and the tarantulas lurking amongst the bananas would decamp there.

They should be used to it by now
Well isn't anyone going to post the picture of the great big hairy spider sitting
on the bog roll then.....????? It usually gets posted at least once a week
for all of you out there with arachnophobia

CORKER
Old Jun 11th 2005, 8:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ialibu
I read of a woman in Perth being attacked by a One Eyed Trouser Snake the other day. From what the rest of the article said, it took quite some mouth to mouth and external heart massage to bring her round.

After regaining her composure, her comment was "I died and went to heaven"
That's worth some Karma.

Did she try to suck the poison out?

G