male or female

Old Sep 8th 2005, 10:43 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: male or female

It was me, though we both said before we got married that we would eventually leave the UK as we both grew up overseas (me in US and he in various Far East cities). I did want to move to US again but he refused and we both fell in love with Adelaide anyway, so it was an easy choice! Seems like us birds are the pushy ones!
Old Sep 8th 2005, 10:43 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jempower
whos idea was it, to move to oz male or female??????????????

Isnt it funny that so far the replies are basically saying that who ever decided to go in the first place...... it is the WOMAN dealing with the stressful application process!! ha ha

This is exactly what has happened in my house, husband been on and on and on about it then decided it is the right time etc etc and i am the one left dealing with the stressful part and no doubt will carry on doing it, as I am sure you know where I am coming from when I say if you want a job done properly............ hee hee hee waiting for loads of replies to that VERY sexist comment!! ha ha
Old Sep 8th 2005, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

moi...female
Old Sep 8th 2005, 10:54 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Male - me !
Old Sep 8th 2005, 1:53 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Twas a joint decision.........then she put the rolling pin away
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

When I first met Kev, he wanted to live somewhere else apart from the UK. My excuse was, 'we won't know anybody, won't have anywhere to live and won't have any jobs to go to'.

But last year, after watching all the 'Get a New Life' programmes (I must admit I didn't fancy watching the Oz ones to begin with because it didn't seem so much of a challenge, you know, learning a new language, etc), I thought why not give it a go.

Because we have a lot of equity in our house, it doesn't seem quite so daunting. If we didn't, I really don't think that I would have entertained the idea. The kids are much older now and are independant it just seems the right time to give it a try.

So in answer to the question, it was me (female) who had the final 'lets go for it'.

Luckily because Kev gave us the ways and means of obtaining a visa, I didn't have to fill out any of the paperwork, thank God! :scared:

Hazel
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

It was definitely me. We went to visit SIL in Melbourne in December and I cried at the airport, not wanting to come back to the UK. Hubby took some convincing, which is why we only started the process in March. I had to produce a spreadsheet with all the costs, benefits and quality of life, vs the cons and downsides before he would commit (well he is an accountant ), but now he just can't wait to get there. In fact, sometimes I get wobblies and it is him who is driving me ahead with it all.

We both cannot wait to get there and start our new chapter in our lives (for the third time!!)
Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Interesting question. I thought it was my decision, but having just thought about it, and knowing my wife, I've now got the funny feeling I was manovuered into this decision, and then made to feel like it was me who decided.

Actually, what the hell am I doing in Australia? I had a perfectly good Job and House and life in N.Ireland.

Damn, tricked by the missus again
It was the MIL she saw a programme in Ireland, said they needed plumbers, I talked to hubby and that was that, so female on both counts ( didn't stand a chance did he )....Lol
Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Joint decision. And yet another female doing all the paperwork.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:51 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Male, but once I saw the place I fell in love and I've been driving it ever since!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:14 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

I had been thinking about the idea for ages, and hubby knew I would like to emigrate, but nothing really surfaced. Then about two years ago I came out with it...'do you want to emigrate to Australia?' and he said 'yes'

We thought about it for a year (as you do) then started to really take it seriously just over a year ago, starting to research into it all.

We visited Australia in April, and it definitely made up our minds.

Started the ball rolling in July
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:17 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

oops! I didn't actually answer the question really did I?

It was me - Female

but it's both of us who are raring to go now!
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:42 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzy
Joint decision. And yet another female doing all the paperwork.
Ditto and ditto! Are us women just more organised?

Actually now I think about it I do all the paperwork for everything (including his tax return :scared: ), but at least I know it has been done when it needs to be done.

Shirley
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Female
mine
Lace x
Old Sep 8th 2005, 7:37 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

woohooo! Us women are the best at multi tasking! We put all you blokes to shame!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.