Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Malaysian airlines gives 20kgs max!

Malaysian airlines gives 20kgs max!

Old Apr 26th 2006, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of
Exclamation Malaysian airlines gives 20kgs max!

For those of you looking at oneway migrant fares with Malaysian airlines, beware - they do not permit extra luggage allowance.
----
This is the email I received from them today 26/4/06:

Please be kindly advised that Malaysia Airlines do not have an immigration policy, so unfortunately the baggage allowance will be 20 kilos hold and 5 kilos hand luggage for economy class.

With Kindest Regards

Reservations

0870 607 9090

---------

Huge disappointment as their fares for November were extremely resaonable.
Will keep looking,

Ros
Old Apr 26th 2006, 2:42 pm
LSH
Forum Regular

LSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant future
Default Re: Malaysian airlines gives 20kgs max!

Originally Posted by rpa34
For those of you looking at oneway migrant fares with Malaysian airlines, beware - they do not permit extra luggage allowance.
----
This is the email I received from them today 26/4/06:

Please be kindly advised that Malaysia Airlines do not have an immigration policy, so unfortunately the baggage allowance will be 20 kilos hold and 5 kilos hand luggage for economy class.

With Kindest Regards

Reservations

0870 607 9090

---------

Huge disappointment as their fares for November were extremely resaonable.
Will keep looking,

Ros

Hi Ros

Just for your information, i booked Emirates this week for September one way,and they have given us 40kg each. We just had to send a photocopy of the unused visa and it was added to the booking. Hope this helps?

Leo
Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LSH
Hi Ros

Just for your information, i booked Emirates this week for September one way,and they have given us 40kg each. We just had to send a photocopy of the unused visa and it was added to the booking. Hope this helps?

Leo
We have booked emirates as well,40 kgs and my golf clubs,not bad prices I thought,they have a good reputation I think,we are going from Glasgow in September,cheers Dave
Old Apr 27th 2006, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

varsani will become famous soon enough

hi,
malaysian airlines normally state 20kg on the tickets,but at check in 32kg are allowed without any problems,thats by my experience as i traveled twice with them with 32kg.

regards
varsani
Old Apr 27th 2006, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

do you have a frequent flyer card with them? - as you do get extra luggage allowance if you have the gold card I think.

Sometimes it just depends on who you have at the counter. It also depends on how early you check in and how full the plane is.

Originally Posted by varsani
hi,
malaysian airlines normally state 20kg on the tickets,but at check in 32kg are allowed without any problems,thats by my experience as i traveled twice with them with 32kg.

regards
varsani