Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

malaysian airlines for the big move?

malaysian airlines for the big move?

Old Jun 13th 2005, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

deano will become famous soon enoughdeano will become famous soon enough
Default malaysian airlines for the big move?

has anyone flown malaysian airlines for their big move? lots of people have said how good they are for trips over to oz but not about the big one! i need to know about their migrant excess baggage allowances.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 4:27 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future
Default Re: malaysian airlines for the big move?

I have never travelled with them but my cousin has just flown with them from Oz to the UK & she said that they were excellent, just as good as Singapore airlines. She also said that there was more leg room plus they were cheaper to fly with
Old Jun 13th 2005, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

didds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deano
has anyone flown malaysian airlines for their big move? lots of people have said how good they are for trips over to oz but not about the big one! i need to know about their migrant excess baggage allowances.
We are flying with Malaysian on 26 this month. Our baggage allowance is 20kgs, plus 5kgs hand luggage per person. My husband rang to ask if there was any leeway on this and what the cost for excess baggage would be, she quoted us £40 per kilo!

You can check out Malaysian Airlines on their website;

www.malaysiaairlines.com.

Good luck

Sue
Old Jun 13th 2005, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Three P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura about

We are due to fly out with Malaysian Airlines in early August, I phoned both them direct and Travel Bag who we booked with and they don't have a migrants allowance.

Best of luck with your move!

Jenny
Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:33 pm
Dexter

Dexter has a spectacular aura aboutDexter has a spectacular aura aboutDexter has a spectacular aura about

We are flying out with Singapore airlines on the 26th of June, we couldn't fault them when we flew with them in March. They give you 40kg each and 7kg hand luggage at no extra cost as long as you show them your unvalidated visa.

Craig
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:16 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

bugger as we are flying out to validate then flying back and then moving in june next year, so or passports will be validated then, how can we persuade them of this?
Do you emaiul or phone them first or just turn up,

alk
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

sherman989 is on a distinguished road

We are flying out with them on 23rd Aug one way on a wicked fare!!, they wouldnt give us anymore kg so we booked a seat for the baby and it ws still cheaper than singapore airlines. They were very good when we flew with them in feb.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:43 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherman989
We are flying out with them on 23rd Aug one way on a wicked fare!!, they wouldnt give us anymore kg so we booked a seat for the baby and it ws still cheaper than singapore airlines. They were very good when we flew with them in feb.
I now use Malaysian whenever I travel to Australia and used to fly with them when my Brother in law lived in KL.

As far as baggage allowance is concerned I am b*ggered if I could be bothered to lug any more than the usual around anyway :scared:

G
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:01 pm
Dexter

Dexter has a spectacular aura aboutDexter has a spectacular aura aboutDexter has a spectacular aura about

Our Singapore Air flights cost us £1450 for 3 Adult seats and 1 Child seat (we had to pay full fare for our eldest child as he is over 12) which we found to be very cheap.

Craig
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

sherman989 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dexter
Our Singapore Air flights cost us £1450 for 3 Adult seats and 1 Child seat (we had to pay full fare for our eldest child as he is over 12) which we found to be very cheap.

Craig
We have dealt with Air Malaysia direct as the quotes are cheaper than the assorted agents on the net and you're getting info straight from the horses mouth.

Whilst true that they won't budge on baggage allowance, the fares easily beat anyone else. Mandie spotted some small print on their website that one way fares are 55% of the adult fare and child fares are 75% of that. We booked a child seat for our baby daughter to get an extra 20Kg allowance on the baggage and even allowing for this, we paid £1533 for 2 Adult and 3 Child tickets. We have been to a lot of websites and agents but noone came close to that.

Roll on August 23rd!

Sherman