Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Airlines: Screens with Sky cot

Malaysia Airlines: Screens with Sky cot

Old Jul 24th 2003, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

thanks everyone for all your valuable knowledge about flights, sky cots etc we really apprieciate it. We are going to phone the airline today and see whats what.

New Zealand bound in 2 weeks hurrah

wife of pastor flaps
Old Jul 26th 2003, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Flyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pastor Flaps
Thanks everyone for your replies.
I had considered getting another seat for the infant, but the flight is fully booked.
I am really pleased we all get individual screens as the idea of someone having to watch my daughter play games, doesnt bear thinking about, or on the other hand, my daughter watching films not suitable for her.

Another question for those who have flown Malaysia or any other airline really, are the flights always full when you fly, or are there usually some spare seats, due to no shows, even though the flight had no seats for sale.
Also are all sky cots on the bulk head centre seats rather than window.
And last question, is there an advantage in checking in early, as the airline have said they cant guantee all four of us will be together. The seat numbers are not on the tickets.

Paul
Just for your info Paul, all Sky cots are in the centre of the aircraft (on Malaysian) and Malaysian use the same in flight entertainment system as Singapore and Cathay and also Virgin (from memory) so you will have individual screens with tv, audio and games in economy.

As far as checking in early goes - always best, but if the good seats are already reserved then........! At the moment the flights between KL and Akl are 3/4 full most days so there are lots of spare seats but not sure about the LHR sectors as I work here in AKL!!! Depends when you are flying as to how busy it will be though! As people have already said the airlines do work on a 10% no show basis and it really works - I have been on flights where they were 35 people overbooked and there were 30 people on standby and yet we all go on!!
Old Jul 26th 2003, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Flyboy

I have taken everyones advice and phoned the airline.
We now know our seat numbers for each sector of the flight.
For 50% of the flights we are all toghter, but for the other 50% we are seperated only by the aisle, which shouldnt be too bad.
You never know someone may want to swap, rather than sit next to us and our kids.

Getting really excited now, but also realised I have so much to do before we go, what with house sale, job ending, holiday.

Thanks

Paul