malaysia airlines

malaysia airlines

Old Aug 7th 2005, 6:57 pm
HEL
EEN

HEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default malaysia airlines

Hi,

Id be interested to hear from anyone who has flown Malaysia Airlines in recent months. They have changed their baggage limits since i last flew with them 18mths ago. How much over the 20kg baggage limit did anyone manage to get away with without being charged excess baggage?

Thanks for any feedback
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:11 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: malaysia airlines

Originally Posted by HEL
Hi,

Id be interested to hear from anyone who has flown Malaysia Airlines in recent months. They have changed their baggage limits since i last flew with them 18mths ago. How much over the 20kg baggage limit did anyone manage to get away with without being charged excess baggage?

Thanks for any feedback
sorry, you cant really answer that one. it will depend on the check-in person, how full the flight is, whether anybody has already pissed them off. with all the problems with terrorism, airlines are quite strict on baggage now. i certainly wouldnt want to risk it, not more than a couple of kgs over anyway.
michelle
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:33 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

We'll let you know, we fly with them on the 17th and we're looking like we maybe over weight. We plan to check in first and hope our two small children will act really cute.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:36 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
We'll let you know, we fly with them on the 17th and we're looking like we maybe over weight. We plan to check in first and hope our two small children will act really cute.

fraser, you need to create a diversion. gets the kids to start acting up, or being sick or something, then sneak the luggage on the conveyer belt!!!

i presume you have gone on a migrant fare with 40kgs each?
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:42 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
fraser, you need to create a diversion. gets the kids to start acting up, or being sick or something, then sneak the luggage on the conveyer belt!!!

Nope no migrant fare and there are four of us and Bobby our youngest hasn't got a seat so 60 kilos.

But last year when we went we only had 35 kilos so we're not far over maybe 5-10k but we're hoping they will take into consideration that we're emigrating and have two small children, and we intend getting there early before anyone has the chance to piss them off
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:45 pm
Never going back

Nope no migrant fare and there are four of us and Bobby our youngest hasn't got a seat so 60 kilos.

But last year when we went we only had 35 kilos so we're not far over maybe 5-10k but we're hoping they will take into consideration that we're emigrating and have two small children, and we intend getting there early before anyone has the chance to piss them off

did you not ask for a migrant fare, or is it because you are stopping over in malaysia?
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:50 pm

did you not ask for a migrant fare, or is it because you are stopping over in malaysia?
I don't think they do one. Do you have any idea how much they charge for a kilo?
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:54 pm
Never going back

I don't think they do one. Do you have any idea how much they charge for a kilo?
sorry cant remember, just asked the hubbie, and his polite retort........."do i bollocks....", nice huh!

sorry hun, cant remember. e-mail malaysian airlines and advise them that you are migrating, and see what happens. let me know if you cant get an e-mail/fax nos, and ill try and get one (ex-travel industry!!). any reply you get (and it should be a good one, take it with you to the desk). or, see if you can get double baggage at this late stage?

michelle
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:55 pm
Never going back

sorry cant remember, just asked the hubbie, and his polite retort........."do i bollocks....", nice huh!

sorry hun, cant remember. e-mail malaysian airlines and advise them that you are migrating, and see what happens. let me know if you cant get an e-mail/fax nos, and ill try and get one (ex-travel industry!!). any reply you get (and it should be a good one, take it with you to the desk). or, see if you can get double baggage at this late stage?

michelle
also, they might feel sorry for you, and charge less on the excess baggage. that has happened to us b4.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:58 pm

also, they might feel sorry for you, and charge less on the excess baggage. that has happened to us b4.
Thanks Michelle I'l get on to that now

K on it's way
Old Aug 7th 2005, 10:01 pm
Never going back

Thanks Michelle I'l get on to that now

K on it's way
thanks very much. let me know if you need a contact e-mail/fax (i doubt it thou). im retiring to my budoir now, its been a long day, cricket an' all, and im bushed. good night
Old Aug 7th 2005, 10:10 pm

thanks very much. let me know if you need a contact e-mail/fax (i doubt it thou). im retiring to my budoir now, its been a long day, cricket an' all, and im bushed. good night
Just emailed them from their site, thanks again and goodnight
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:51 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

WARNING! Don't try this at home - you might get shot or at the very least banged up..........
Old Aug 8th 2005, 1:57 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hel

We flew with Malaysian airlines in July and we can do nothing but compliment them. They were very helpful. The food was excellent. As for luggage.... ..well, they were excellent again! There were three of us and we managed to get 32kg each plus our hand luggage that they did not weigh and that we took on the plane with us. But I would say that the hand luggage (if weighed) would have tipped us over. But the steward was exceptionally helpful, advising us how to get the most weight but at the least cost...

The leg room was also greater than we have had before, particularly when compared to flights to Canada and the US.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, G

Originally Posted by HEL
Hi,

Thanks for any feedback
Old Aug 8th 2005, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HEL
Hi,

Thanks for any feedback
Hi there, my daughter flew out here in June, she came on student visa, she was allowed 30 kg, hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.