Reload this Page >

malaysia air lines are they any good

malaysia air lines are they any good

Old Feb 16th 2005, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

jesta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default malaysia air lines are they any good

hi there

ive just booked my tickets to fly out on the 7th march i know the questions a bit late to ask but would like to know what ive let myself in for.

would be greatful for any input jesta
Old Feb 16th 2005, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Malcontent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: malaysia air lines are they any good

Originally Posted by jesta
hi there

ive just booked my tickets to fly out on the 7th march i know the questions a bit late to ask but would like to know what ive let myself in for.

Well its a bit of a downer to tell but i was in Noosa when my Mum died back in Uk. I called Malaysian Air and no one could have been better. Then got me, back to Hong Kong via Kl when everyone els was full because it was the end of the Oldies Olympics and put me in a hotel overrnight in KL so I could get back to HK in time to change suitcases and head for UK.

The girl on the phomne who organised everything (at 5am) was at Malaysian HQ in ?Melbourne? and was so empatheitc and kind I have never forgotten.

Mike
Old Feb 16th 2005, 2:46 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this site:

www.airlinequality.com

Quite interesting.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 3:14 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

hi there

They are my preferred airline and I have used several. Far better than Singapore and much more legroom.

G
Old Feb 16th 2005, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

jesta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
They are my preferred airline and I have used several. Far better than Singapore and much more legroom.

G
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLYS

just applied for my missus eta on the net mine was accepted but hers was
unsuccessful. Panicing a bit now. anyone got any ideas

jesta
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

hi there

One thing you should know about MAS is that a few years back they got into trouble with the UK civil aviation authorities because their planes were arriving in UK airspace with insufficient fuel reserves!. This mean't that they had to be given priority landing over other airliners. All well & good, but if there had been a problem & they could not land immediately......

I'm sure it's changed now though, 'cause I think we would have heard about it if it had not.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:31 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

G

Sorry can't agree with that I thought MA were good but not as good as Singapore
Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

We have used Maylasia Airlines for the last three trips to Perth, we found them to be excellent, can't think of one thing that I wasn't happy about, we travelled with young children and they were more than happy to help with anything that we needed and as someone has already said those extra few cms of leg room are an added bonus.

We have also used Singapore Airlines who too were very good but I do prefer Malaysia.

Good luck.

Claire
Old Feb 16th 2005, 10:57 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto to Claire33. We've used Malaysian loads and Singapore also. Sinagpore has slightly better service but......I'd always opt for MAS because of the legroom.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:30 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I've flown quite a few airlines and I'd have to say Malaysian was one of the best. Lots of leg room, very considerate service, all in all a very comfortable flight (and when it's 13 hours long... that's pretty important!)

Siren
Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:45 pm
Go Banana's !!

I came across to be back with the girls last October and they were brilliant.

Warren

Old Feb 17th 2005, 1:21 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default my peronal opinion - Malaysia air is ok, SQ has slipped and lost the plot

I personally think Malaysian airlines is as good ( if not better*) than SQ

I have been flying these two ( plus Thai) for 13 years, especially for my long haul destinations. Toss a coin between MA and SQ. I used to fly SQ just a little bit more than MA , purely because they were just a tiny bit better in the service stakes - but not by much.

A few years ago I would have said SQ is slightly better than MA. But quite frankly I have noticed a huge difference in SQ services slipping over the past few years, and the difference in their now attitudes. I have noticed this apparent start of the downward change when they become more popular with Tom, Dick and Harry , and won countless awards.

It is almost as if they don't try so hard as they used to ( Get to the top, you will slip, unless you carry on trying .. sounds like the 6N's at the moment doesn't it) .

I don't find them to be anywhere as good as what they used to be. The last two times I flew with them (long haul) in the past year to the Uk and back ( 4 flights) . I can honestly say it will be the last time I will fly with SQ again. I thought their service was really lacking, false smiles, not enough service ( reminds me of a certain country) - It was OK - but lacking. It depends what you think is good , and what services you are used to . But quite frankly , I think their service is really slipping. It's back to MA for me. Which was always a choice for me - used to flip a coin over those two.

Thai airways used to come in with a close third in my books for long haul , service brilliant. I haven't flew Thai airways for a while so can't comment how their long haul service is these days with them.

MA is one of the best in my opinion ( One of the worst of the so-called good airlines is BA along with Qantas - in my opinion of course)
Old Feb 17th 2005, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Bella3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: malaysia air lines are they any good

I am flying back to Wales in May for a holiday with Malaysia Airlines, so it's good to hear all the good reports, especially about the leg room. We flew over with BA and Qantas - I agree with Ceri - never again. It was so cramped and I think the planes were their reserve reserves they were so old.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Yes - we thought Malaysia was probably the best we've flown long distance. We have also flown: Singapore Airlines; Qantas, BA, KLM, Cathay & Emirates. Leg room is also an important factor for my husband. Actually none of them were bad - possibly KLM had the least good service of that bunch.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 3:40 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bella3
I am flying back to Wales in May for a holiday with Malaysia Airlines, so it's good to hear all the good reports, especially about the leg room. We flew over with BA and Qantas - I agree with Ceri - never again. It was so cramped and I think the planes were their reserve reserves they were so old.
Try a leaking door seal with Qantas on around a 12 hr flight to Sing , did not land the plane , although they were only minutes out of Heathrow ( they could have landed in Europe) , They lagged all around the door with towels, and handed out earplugs . Bad service all the way to Uk and all the way back to Sing again - their staff were rude each way - almost as if they looked bored, and took ages responding to the bells . Since then I have never flown with them again. Their safety is a concern

BA - not much better, service lacking - had to serve ourselves one packed flight, i.e. going up to the galley to get our own drinks ( all passengers) - no kidding!

The Qantas one is more worrying - they should have landed the plane, being we were only 10 minutes from after take off , not dropped altitude like they did and lagged the door with towels!!! lol , We all had to put up with a terrible noise the whole flight to Sing, no one was happy about this . safety nil!! - lagging a door with towels and not landing the plane to fix the problem of a leaking door seal

I have never flown with these two again, I refuse to fly with them. Lost my custom.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Feb 17th 2005 at 3:49 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.