Reload this Page >

Making our mind up!!!!!

Wikiposts

Making our mind up!!!!!

Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

cov kids will become famous soon enough
Question Making our mind up!!!!!

Ok we have looked into the moving to USA and Canada. Heard lots of things about both, USA crap schools, bad for crime (not that anywhere can be as bad as Coventry) the list goes on. Canada never been then again never been to Australia. Schools are so so I hear, but rain/snow I don't think so!! Where else? My husband has family in Oz, my mum and dad went in the 60S on that cheap ticket thing they did back then but came back after a year. When you speak to people about leaving UK they all say go to Australia it's really great loads of brits head out that way. So can anyone give us any ideas what its like? What are the schools like I have 2 boys aged 9 & 6, the 9 year old finds school really difficult and is in the process of being assessed for special needs. I am a special needs teaching assistant at a secondary school, but I am soon to be taking a new position as a learning/emotional mentor. My husband is an electrician with his own business. What are the job prospects like out there. We heard there is a great need for electrician in Perth we have looked into it a bit. Which is the best route to take apply for emigration before or to go out on a year visa thing and apply when we are out there. (not clued up on visa's yet lots of reading to do).

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:36 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Making our mind up!!!!!

Originally Posted by cov kids
Ok we have looked into the moving to USA and Canada. Heard lots of things about both, USA crap schools, bad for crime (not that anywhere can be as bad as Coventry) the list goes on. Canada never been then again never been to Australia. Schools are so so I hear, but rain/snow I don't think so!! Where else? My husband has family in Oz, my mum and dad went in the 60S on that cheap ticket thing they did back then but came back after a year. When you speak to people about leaving UK they all say go to Australia it's really great loads of brits head out that way. So can anyone give us any ideas what its like? What are the schools like I have 2 boys aged 9 & 6, the 9 year old finds school really difficult and is in the process of being assessed for special needs. I am a special needs teaching assistant at a secondary school, but I am soon to be taking a new position as a learning/emotional mentor. My husband is an electrician with his own business. What are the job prospects like out there. We heard there is a great need for electrician in Perth we have looked into it a bit. Which is the best route to take apply for emigration before or to go out on a year visa thing and apply when we are out there. (not clued up on visa's yet lots of reading to do).

Hi its a difficult question to answer because its such a big place and everyones ideas are different, is it not possible for you to go out there on holiday to check out if its for you?

Re any visa questions have a look on the immigration forum there is a list of FAQ on there.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...aysprune=&f=32

Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:40 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

HI there and WELCOME,
I would advise you to research as much as you can, also look on the DIMIA website and print off booklet 6 it will have lots of info and explain what you will need to do
Jane
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi its a difficult question to answer because its such a big place and everyones ideas are different, is it not possible for you to go out there on holiday to check out if its for you?

Re any visa questions have a look on the immigration forum there is a list of FAQ on there.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...aysprune=&f=32

Thanks for your reply.

We have looked into flights for just my husband and its about £800 thats leaving next week. It's easy for him to go because he has his own business, I'm tied to school hols and it's so expensive then. He is also going to a seminar on Friday so hope to get loads of info. Just read a thread that someone got there visa back it took just over 3 months. Is it usually that quick!

Last edited by cov kids; Oct 5th 2005 at 5:52 am.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
HI there and WELCOME,
I would advise you to research as much as you can, also look on the DIMIA website and print off booklet 6 it will have lots of info and explain what you will need to do
Jane
Thanks for that Jane. I will look into it.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:46 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply.

We have looked into flights for just my husband and its about £800 thats leaving next week. It's easy for him to go because he has his own business, iI'mtied to school hols and it's so expensive then. He is also go to a seminar on Fridayso hope to get loads of info. Just read a thread that someone got there visa back it took just over 3 months. Is it usually that quick!
Hi no not usually that quick, it depends on the type of visa and occupation, if you click on my username you will see my profile our timeline is in there if you want a guideline. but again everyone is different.

Have a look a the FAQ
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:47 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply.

We have looked into flights for just my husband and its about £800 thats leaving next week. It's easy for him to go because he has his own business, iI'mtied to school hols and it's so expensive then. He is also go to a seminar on Fridayso hope to get loads of info. Just read a thread that someone got there visa back it took just over 3 months. Is it usually that quick!
Again, it depends on which type of visa it was, as some are quicker than others...
Old Oct 5th 2005, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply.

We have looked into flights for just my husband and its about £800 thats leaving next week. It's easy for him to go because he has his own business, I'm tied to school hols and it's so expensive then. He is also going to a seminar on Friday so hope to get loads of info. Just read a thread that someone got there visa back it took just over 3 months. Is it usually that quick!
Hi there, we are 2 hours south of Perth, the beautiful south west. I sent my hubby on a 3 week hol, he was self emplyed, he came home one day and i said to him , your off to oz next week, he nearly dropped to the floor, he stayed with friends we have in Perth.
When he came back home he was only focused on one thng and that was geYting us there, he fell in love with the place. YEs they are crying out for Electricians in WA , ESPECIALLY DOWN HERE.
We have been here 11 months now, and we love it, and the kids are very settled, ages 7,11,12 my daughter came later she is 19 and is having a ball.
I left 2 older ones back home 23 and 25, one is coming at xmas to live and the oldest in a couple of tears, good luck what ever you decide, you only live once. DENISE
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cranni
Hi there, we are 2 hours south of Perth, the beautiful south west. I sent my hubby on a 3 week hol, he was self emplyed, he came home one day and i said to him , your off to oz next week, he nearly dropped to the floor, he stayed with friends we have in Perth.
When he came back home he was only focused on one thng and that was geYting us there, he fell in love with the place. YEs they are crying out for Electricians in WA , ESPECIALLY DOWN HERE.
We have been here 11 months now, and we love it, and the kids are very settled, ages 7,11,12 my daughter came later she is 19 and is having a ball.
I left 2 older ones back home 23 and 25, one is coming at xmas to live and the oldest in a couple of tears, good luck what ever you decide, you only live once. DENISE
Thanks for that denise, how did you find the schools in australia compared to the UK. How long did it all take to get out to Oz?

Michaela
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that denise, how did you find the schools in australia compared to the UK. How long did it all take to get out to Oz?

Michaela
It took us about 12 months from start to finish.
My kids primary school in UK was great, and i am lucky because we have found a great school here as well. I think the difference is , they are more sporty here, we have tennis courts, basketball, golf, every sport you can think of, and the kids here are so confident here, so mine are, and they love it.
I cant comment on secondary YET, but my older kids went to Secondary in UK and they where a disgrace and still are.
My friends husband has just gone into teaching, and spent a week at the secondary school mine went to, and he wont go back, he is shocked by the behaviour of the kids. Denise
A quick way to get here is a work sponsor , and you get PR. we did.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

It took us about 12 months from start to finish.
My kids primary school in UK was great, and i am lucky because we have found a great school here as well. I think the difference is , they are more sporty here, we have tennis courts, basketball, golf, every sport you can think of, and the kids here are so confident here, so mine are, and they love it.
I cant comment on secondary YET, but my older kids went to Secondary in UK and they where a disgrace and still are.
My friends husband has just gone into teaching, and spent a week at the secondary school mine went to, and he wont go back, he is shocked by the behaviour of the kids. Denise
A quick way to get here is a work sponsor , and you get PR. we did.
Thanks again for that. I see from your profile you are a teaching assistant. Are you working as a teaching assistant in Australia? If so did you have to do any courses before or when you got there. I work in a secondary school now its a nightmare!!!

Thanks again
Michaela
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:35 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

<<<<< Cov Kid Too

Good Luck
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
<<<<< Cov Kid Too

Good Luck
Cheers mate. what part of cov did you live?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks again for that. I see from your profile you are a teaching assistant. Are you working as a teaching assistant in Australia? If so did you have to do any courses before or when you got there. I work in a secondary school now its a nightmare!!!

Thanks again
Michaela
Hi again, i could never work in a sec school. I did classroom assistant course in UK. When i got here i had to do teaching asistant course, because i brought all my work i had done i only had to do 3 units, so i did it at home and then got cert. So i can go in school now, but not ready yet.
I would just do course here if i was you, 6 months 500 dollars. Denise
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi again, i could never work in a sec school. I did classroom assistant course in UK. When i got here i had to do teaching asistant course, because i brought all my work i had done i only had to do 3 units, so i did it at home and then got cert. So i can go in school now, but not ready yet.
I would just do course here if i was you, 6 months 500 dollars. Denise
Cool thanks for that. When we go I don't want to go straight into teaching for a while. As my husband says "I could just sponge off him". The cheek of him. We are hoping for a better standard of living. And better weather which is definitely on the cards in Australia. Been looking a few sights web sights for the old man to get a job. Looks really hopeful, have to start on all the forms and send him out there.

Thanks again, you have been real help.

Michaela

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.