Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Making new friends in the Illawarra

Making new friends in the Illawarra

Old Mar 3rd 2013, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

Danielle78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Making new friends in the Illawarra

Hi everybody, my name is Danielle and myself and my partner David recently moved to the Illawarra area, we are looking to meet new people and possibly make some friends along the way we are 35/36 and outgoing. David is into scuba diving so is also looking for a dive buddy. Anyone interested get in touch, also I have started a fb group called ex pats in the Illawarra so feel free to join
Old Mar 4th 2013, 3:11 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making new friends in the Illawarra

Hi Danielle, welcome to BE and also to the Illawarra. there are a few expats in the area and my wife often meets up with a few girls for coffee and gossip, although usually with kids in tow.
I'll join your FB group, nice to have other people to chat with. We live in Bulli and as I said, a few British accents can be heard!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Hi paddyo thanks for replying
What's it like in bulli? We live in Shellharbour and its lovely here! I've heard a few British accents here as well so just got to find out where they all go
Yeah join my group.... There are 6 of us ha ha. I only started it yesterday as I have been searching for a group like it but couldn't find anything so thought why not start my own.... In the words of Kevin Costner in field of dreams " build it and they will come"
Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:15 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

WE go to the Shellharbour Mall all the time, usually an excuse to go to the Sushi Train though!! Bulli is nice, traditional Aussie beach town, quiet, relatively crime free and direct train into the city. Its the direct train which makes it popular for city types as its cheaper to live here by the beach and yet still a easy commute.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:28 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Hi Danielle,
Can't find your group on FB...ex pats in the Illawarra???
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:30 am
Social Grenade Thrower

So if Dave is into Scuba Diving then you must of checked out the Aquatic Reserve down at Shellharbour, by Bass Point?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:43 am
Just Joined

Yeah we have been to bass point, I've snorkelled there. Group is ex pats in the Illawarra
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Just checked again that's deffo my group
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:49 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Danielle, please add a link because I have searched and found nothing for that group in Facebook.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Ok will try
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Erm I'm not too technically minded and don't know how, will wait for David
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Ok we have no ideas ha ha, type Illawarra into fb and you will find us hopefully!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:01 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

Did that.....nothing with ex pats in Illawarra.....hmmmm...a puzzle!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:05 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

Hold on...it is an open group isn't it? Not invite only?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

It's open? I've just had another lady say she can't find it??? I'm destined to make no friends add me on fb Danielle Critchley and I can add you, you may be able to solve this puzzle also? I have a paper plate face as my fb pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.