Reload this Page >

Making the move without being ther before

Making the move without being ther before

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

gaynor-andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Making the move without being ther before

Originally Posted by paulhill
Id never been to Australia before we migrated however my husband backpacked here over 12 years ago. He said I would love it but it was my decision to come here. We have been here for 6 months (with our two boys 1 and 3) and yes we do love it. We have settled in really well and should start building our house this week.

Where are you planning to move to?

Cheers

Sue
we will be heading for Adelaide when we go to validate our visa's, we also want to visit Melbourne, we need to do some research into where the work is for my husdand as he is self employed and wants to continue this. We will have five weeks to do this as well as try and find out many other things. It sounds great to build your own house. How long will it take to build the house? Do you have a choice of kichen units and bathroom suite?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Arrived in Adelaide 19 months ago with daughter, three suit cases and a keyboard and a job.

Now have clean air, little traffic congestion, a good job, fewer money problems, a happy daughter, sunshine, parrots, the odd redback, only one brown snake so far and that was out bush, sunset swims, koalas and kagaroos trying to commit suicide by colliding with my car at twilight and a hunky Aussie (well almost Aussie) companion.

What would I have lost if I visited before?

The sense of wonder and adventure when we arrived, a few thousand dollars in air fare.

What would I have gained?

Jetlag and possible deep-vein-thrombosis!

Good luck, go with your heart it will usually lead you to the aircraft at the right ime for you.

Seabird.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

gaynor-andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice sounds great, i will bear that in mind