Reload this Page >

making that jump

making that jump

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

paul hendrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Question making that jump

Help!

We talk, we threat, we research, we query ... how do you do it?

We have seriously contemplated it 4 years ago, we are here again , can anyone help?

We are both professionals, mid 30's, but not recognised professional), I am a retail manager in a store that turns over £25m pa, Paula is a regional recruitment manager. We have 2 children 3 & 8, we have no criminal record, we have equity to bring to the country...but and its a BIG BUT is our firms do not exist in Australia. So how do we do it? Help please!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of
Default Re: making that jump

Originally posted by paul hendrick
Help!

We have seriously contemplated it 4 years ago, we are here again , can anyone help?

We are both professionals, mid 30's, but not recognised professional), I am a retail manager in a store that turns over £25m pa, Paula is a regional recruitment manager. We have 2 children 3 & 8, we have no criminal record, we have equity to bring to the country...but and its a BIG BUT is our firms do not exist in Australia. So how do we do it? Help please!!!
Firstly, do you want to go permanently or temporarily to try it out?

Go to the DIMIA website and check out the points list, see how many points you have?

See if you can get any free advise from a migration agent to see if you have a valid chance of going?

Wait and hope someone with more helpful answers will post a reply on here!!!?

Lou
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up

Thanks checking out my points now!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:53 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Most of us on here are going through the same process yet most cases are different.

My advice would be to speak to a registered migration agent such as Alan Collett: www.gomatilda.com or other such agents and get professional advice on your points and application process.

Another good site to view would be www.themara.com.au which can give you details of registered migration agents in UK.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 5:02 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

If you do decide to go for it then the rollercoaster ride that is Visa Application is a major one. Be prepared for headaches, heartaches and the emotional ride that ensues.

I am off in 23 days and I have sooooo many doubts, fears, reservations about whether it is right. On the flip side though I am excited, happy and willing to 'Give It A Go'.

If it doesnt hold what I hope or I dont enjoy it then, well, errmmm

I Come Home and look back on my adventure as something else I have done in my life.

So many people of late (utility companies, banks, insurance people and the like) have all asked where I am going whilst I have been cancelling stuff. They all say 'Oh I wish it me'. My answer is give it a go, the world is a very small place nowadays and with technology (webcams, email, mobiles etc) it is even smaller.

Good luck
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 5:04 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: making that jump

Originally posted by paul hendrick
Help!

First point is getting the points?!

Your current (professional - you can be one by doing the job!) experience has to be on the SOL list when you look at the DIMIA site, check that first, if you think it might fit closely talk to a decent agent, some names already given above.

Don't fall at the first hurdle, if confused come back on this site and ask more specific questions, I will bet someone can help you with the detail.

Cheers
Old Jul 4th 2004, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by irishmolly
Most of us on here are going through the same process yet most cases are different.

My advice would be to speak to a registered migration agent such as Alan Collett: www.gomatilda.com or other such agents and get professional advice on your points and application process.

Another good site to view would be www.themara.com.au which can give you details of registered migration agents in UK.

Best of luck.
Thanks I have previewed the points scoring and although both myself and Paula, have what we would deem "professional" jobs and are so in the UK ie middle-senior management, that does not appear to be the case when applying to Australia. Does income not contribute?