Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

making friends in sydney

making friends in sydney

Old May 31st 2010, 3:40 am
Banned

Donnarose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default making friends in sydney

Im Donnarose from liverpool england and looking to make friends in sydney. would love to hear from any other pom out here.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: making friends in sydney

Hi Donna, wherabouts are you? could you come to Thursday drinks in the CBD? ( see regular post) Jackie
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:28 am
Banned

Hi Pomeyblonde,

I live in the west of sydney and Whats the CBD? which i won't be able to make thursday.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

It stands for central business district...Australian for the city centre!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:22 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Donnarose
Im Donnarose from liverpool england and looking to make friends in sydney. would love to hear from any other pom out here.
Hi Donna, I'm Barb originally from Liverpool too, but I now live in Wollongong, if you come to the beaches down here I will meet you for a cuppa.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
It stands for central business district...Australian for the city centre!
Did many turn up last thursday and is there another night planned in the city?
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Hi Donna, I'm Barb originally from Liverpool too, but I now live in Wollongong, if you come to the beaches down here I will meet you for a cuppa.
Hi Beedubya, not sure how far that is from me, do you have any idea?
Old Jun 8th 2010, 9:51 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Beedubya, not sure how far that is from me, do you have any idea?
About an hour in the car Donna, lots of people from out your way come down here for the beaches.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 2:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Beedubya
About an hour in the car Donna, lots of people from out your way come down here for the beaches.
Theres so many beaches to go to we are spoilt for choice. do you ever come up this end?
Old Jun 10th 2010, 4:25 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pomeyblonde,

I live in the west of sydney and Whats the CBD? which i won't be able to make thursday.
oh oh.....I think this is going to prove difficult!

Donna, please take this the way it is intended and that is as helpful advice. Get online and check out Google earth or Google maps and have a good look at what is Sydney, check out the beach suburbs, check out the different suburbs which make up the different areas (West/East North/South) then identify locally known areas (Northern Beaches or Northern Peninsular, the Hills district, the CBD (just means the main town/city centre), the Shire etc etc).
By doing that you will learn a lot more about this large metropolis you live in and can then identify areas where you can go and meet people. If you have no transport and have to rely on public transport then thats ok, plenty to see and do and it can be cheap if you check out the different deals.
It is a big place but you will be suprised how many poms are here!!! Good luck!
Old Jun 10th 2010, 5:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by paddyo
oh oh.....I think this is going to prove difficult!

Donna, please take this the way it is intended and that is as helpful advice. Get online and check out Google earth or Google maps and have a good look at what is Sydney, check out the beach suburbs, check out the different suburbs which make up the different areas (West/East North/South) then identify locally known areas (Northern Beaches or Northern Peninsular, the Hills district, the CBD (just means the main town/city centre), the Shire etc etc).
By doing that you will learn a lot more about this large metropolis you live in and can then identify areas where you can go and meet people. If you have no transport and have to rely on public transport then thats ok, plenty to see and do and it can be cheap if you check out the different deals.
It is a big place but you will be suprised how many poms are here!!! Good luck!
Well lets be honest its a big place to live in with so many suburbs and i for one am not used to such a large country, far to big if you ask me. i dont have a car so it makes life harder then those who do. you might know your way around and know were places are by now so bully for you.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 5:50 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Well lets be honest its a big place to live in with so many suburbs and i for one am not used to such a large country, far to big if you ask me. i dont have a car so it makes life harder then those who do. you might know your way around and know were places are by now so bully for you.
Donna, please don't get offended, I did say I was intending to help you.
Just try and learn more about the area, it does take time and yes it is a big place. I only said all that so that when people offer you suggestions you may then be able to answer them with more local knowledge and be able to take them up on their generous offers.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 2:35 am
Just Joined

millyjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Very Disappointed

I am sorry to say but i am very disappointed in using this site. I have wanted to make contact with other poms and i have made the effort in responding to messages when i have received them only for the other person/s to not bother sending one back. i dont see the point in this and even if its to say you live to far away or whatever the reason a simple reply wouldn't kill them.
i dont understand people who do this and i wonder why they bothered answering the thread in the first place.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 2:52 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very Disappointed

Originally Posted by millyjane
I am sorry to say but i am very disappointed in using this site. I have wanted to make contact with other poms and i have made the effort in responding to messages when i have received them only for the other person/s to not bother sending one back. i dont see the point in this and even if its to say you live to far away or whatever the reason a simple reply wouldn't kill them.
i dont understand people who do this and i wonder why they bothered answering the thread in the first place.
Quite right too, no need to reply to a thread unless you have something constructive to add.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very Disappointed

Originally Posted by millyjane
I don't get you. That was your first post so how could people have been ignoring you up until now..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.