Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Making friends in Perth

Making friends in Perth

Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice
Default Making friends in Perth

Hey im moving over to Perth after 2 years in wellington, one of the reasons for Perth is that I have a few contacts there, and obviosuly the sunshine and beaches but also as a couple of my friends said there has been a mass influx in young irish, and being a from liverpool the irish and I get on like house on fire!!

Anyone on here heading over to Perth or already in Perth (irish or not lol) who would fancy a drink when I arrive in January? I'm a 26 yr old nurse who loves nothing more that a good night out with plenty of wiiine!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making friends in Perth

Originally Posted by Shazmoo
Hey im moving over to Perth after 2 years in wellington, one of the reasons for Perth is that I have a few contacts there, and obviosuly the sunshine and beaches but also as a couple of my friends said there has been a mass influx in young irish, and being a from liverpool the irish and I get on like house on fire!!

Anyone on here heading over to Perth or already in Perth (irish or not lol) who would fancy a drink when I arrive in January? I'm a 26 yr old nurse who loves nothing more that a good night out with plenty of wiiine!
No young people here in perf mate... We're all boring middle aged fogies who have no interest in life or culture....

But then.... You mention wine..... And you are a nurse....

Am I too late to lie about my age????
Old Aug 8th 2012, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by eddie007
No young people here in perf mate... We're all boring middle aged fogies who have no interest in life or culture....

But then.... You mention wine..... And you are a nurse....

Am I too late to lie about my age????
haha ill pretend i didnt here that!

I hear opposing things all the time, i have a couple of scouse mates who lives in Perth and they say the place is over run with irish, specially nursing working in the hospitals, then i hear theres none there. maybe their all underground, maybe i could go underground too.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

haha ill pretend i didnt here that!

I hear opposing things all the time, i have a couple of scouse mates who lives in Perth and they say the place is over run with irish, specially nursing working in the hospitals, then i hear theres none there. maybe their all underground, maybe i could go underground too.
Place is deffo over run with pommie nurses.. I'm one of them.... And there are enough of the scottish mafia to cause a worry... Dont think i work with any... Oh yes I do... Butbthey arein their 30s so dont count as young.. We fogies are claiming them as OURS
Old Aug 8th 2012, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Place is deffo over run with pommie nurses.. I'm one of them.... And there are enough of the scottish mafia to cause a worry... Dont think i work with any... Oh yes I do... Butbthey arein their 30s so dont count as young.. We fogies are claiming them as OURS
Plenty of pommie nurses sounds good, ive had it with the kiwis and their lack luster sence of homour...!

30s isnt old! besides I favour the more mature sort
Old Aug 8th 2012, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Plenty of pommie nurses sounds good, ive had it with the kiwis and their lack luster sence of homour...!

30s isnt old! besides I favour the more mature sort
Buggerit... I wouldnt come... I work with mainly poms, irish, scots and KIWIs with a coupke of Saffas thrown in for good measure
Old Aug 8th 2012, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Buggerit... I wouldnt come... I work with mainly poms, irish, scots and KIWIs with a coupke of Saffas thrown in for good measure

Im coming and thats that!!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Im coming and thats that!!
You sure? You sure youre sure? You REALLY sure?????
Old Aug 9th 2012, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have you looked in the "meet up" section.....

You could arrange a meet for when you get here...

Even I might be able to make it with 5 months notice....
Old Aug 9th 2012, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Have you looked in the "meet up" section.....

You could arrange a meet for when you get here...

Even I might be able to make it with 5 months notice....
In five months i shud expect u might be able to arrange one night off from the famalam!

And yea im really reallu surely sure!
Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

chrisall is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, yes, deffo sounds good to me if you don't mind a young-at-heart early 40s guy for company. I'm leaving liverpool on Monday, in fact been in town this eve for a farewell drink with a nurse friend.

Cheers,
Chrisall
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisall
Hey, yes, deffo sounds good to me if you don't mind a young-at-heart early 40s guy for company. I'm leaving liverpool on Monday, in fact been in town this eve for a farewell drink with a nurse friend.

Cheers,
Chrisall
Oh thats so cool, good look with your flights an congrats on the move
Old Aug 14th 2012, 3:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Partying nurses

Ah, the memories
Old Aug 14th 2012, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Partying nurses

Ah, the memories
And city college being SO handy for the old nurses quarters on St Stephens ey?