Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

making the decision not to go to aus due to sick parents

making the decision not to go to aus due to sick parents

Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

sprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nice
Default Re: making the decision not to go to aus due to sick parents

Big hugs for U
xxxxxxxx
Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of hugs Sue, I'm really sorry to hear that your mum has gone at last, but at least she is at peace now.
Staying for your mum was a wonderful thing to do, and here's hoping that now you can move towards your dream
Old Apr 27th 2008, 12:05 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Loads of hugs Sue, I'm really sorry to hear that your mum has gone at last, but at least she is at peace now.
Staying for your mum was a wonderful thing to do, and here's hoping that now you can move towards your dream
thanks pollyana,
y'know i told her about the firemen calendars you send me every year ... she thought it was hilarious!!!! gave a definate to that one!
thanks honey, twas truly lovely to meet you last year (even if my kids terrorised esmerelda!

sue xx
Old Apr 27th 2008, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about the loss your mum, my condolences to you and your family.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 12:56 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your Mum.
I hope you get to realise your dream of getting to Oz, you deserve it
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
thanks pollyana,
y'know i told her about the firemen calendars you send me every year ... she thought it was hilarious!!!! gave a definate to that one!
thanks honey, twas truly lovely to meet you last year (even if my kids terrorised esmerelda!

sue xx
So sorry hun.
Look to the future now.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

hi sue

wish i could be with you now to give you a hug mate!!!! and i really mean that.

we've talked about your mum and the tug of shall i shan't i , well hun you couldnt have done anymoreand you made the right choice to care for her. you were there every day for her when some of your other family didnt want to help you out with mum.

i know she meant the world to you and you'll miss her very much but without you mal and the kids she would have gone a long time ago! she'll still be with you forever in spirt and heart.

thinking of you sue, all my love, debs xxxxx

how strange eh, havent been on for months but got a tug to take a peek in!!

you know where i am
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:08 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for all the good wishes,

sue xx
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww Sue, sorry to hear she's passed on but after the last year both she and you have had, I think she did amazingly to hang on so long. You've done an fantastic job considering your old relationship and I know I would never ever be able to do the same for my mother.

Hope you can get your plans together now and finally get over here permanently. Who knows we may finally meet up.

How's the old chap?
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:19 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

My condolences Sue.
I think you did a wondeful thing and you'll never regret that.
Hopefully you will now be able to work towards your dream
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

My condolences to you at this sad time Sue.

I know exactly where you are coming from because when we first looked into coming my Mum wasn't in the best of health either. I wouldn't have come over had she still be alive. Good on you for putting your relationship with her first, sometimes that's more important than anything else. At least now you can move forward with your life knowing that you spent as much time with your Mum as you possibly could.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Awww Sue, sorry to hear she's passed on but after the last year both she and you have had, I think she did amazingly to hang on so long. You've done an fantastic job considering your old relationship and I know I would never ever be able to do the same for my mother.

Hope you can get your plans together now and finally get over here permanently. Who knows we may finally meet up.

How's the old chap?

thanks pen, yes she did do amazingly to hang on!! we had so many dashes to the hospital over the last weeks when i left her friday afternoon i really wasnt expecting her to pass away ... she died half an hour after i left her.
old chap is ok, but taking her death very hard ... he's nearly 80, and they had been together for 24 years - he doted on her bless him, pity she didnt feel the same way about him.
just sorting out her will ... god its blinkin complicated!!
sue x
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Sending you my best wishes. You did a courageous thing and the one which you knew was right for you and your Mum. You deserve a wonderful new life, safe in the knowledge that you made the best of your old life.

Take care and good luck with the visa!!!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:51 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

My sincere condolences to you and your family and best wishes for the future.

C x
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by debbiemc
hi sue

wish i could be with you now to give you a hug mate!!!! and i really mean that.

we've talked about your mum and the tug of shall i shan't i , well hun you couldnt have done anymoreand you made the right choice to care for her. you were there every day for her when some of your other family didnt want to help you out with mum.

i know she meant the world to you and you'll miss her very much but without you mal and the kids she would have gone a long time ago! she'll still be with you forever in spirt and heart.

thinking of you sue, all my love, debs xxxxx

how strange eh, havent been on for months but got a tug to take a peek in!!

you know where i am

hi debs,
thanks for texting me yesterday ... email me your news, sounds like so much has happened in hte last 12 months!! (its nearly 12 months since we were there!! )

well, to anyone who may read this, please make sure you sort out your will - it makes life so much easier if you have one (and make sure whoever writes your will states whether it will need to go to probate!)

thanks for all the good wishes .... xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.