Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This makes me so mad (Dogs)

This makes me so mad (Dogs)

Old May 13th 2005, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy This makes me so mad (Dogs)

We live on a corner block which is a popular thoroughfare down to a dogwalking path.

Again this morning we have been met with yet more dog s**t on our lawn. We can't fence in the lawn as it's not our house, but that's not really the point.

How can some dog owners be so irresponsible? We go on our coastal walk every day/evening and are always seeing dog owners with their plastic bags, so why are others allowing it to happen on what is blatantly someone's lawn? (Oh and right by our post box this morning)

Can anyone tell me where I might buy a 'Polite Notice' asking people to have a modicum of manners and please not allow their dogs to foul on our lawn.

Sorry guys, rant over. Very emotional Off to hospital to have baby later, so rather sensitive!

Mrs J
Old May 13th 2005, 3:10 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: This makes me so mad (Dogs)

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
We live on a corner block which is a popular thoroughfare down to a dogwalking path.

Again this morning we have been met with yet more dog s**t on our lawn. We can't fence in the lawn as it's not our house, but that's not really the point.

How can some dog owners be so irresponsible? We go on our coastal walk every day/evening and are always seeing dog owners with their plastic bags, so why are others allowing it to happen on what is blatantly someone's lawn? (Oh and right by our post box this morning)

Can anyone tell me where I might buy a 'Polite Notice' asking people to have a modicum of manners and please not allow their dogs to foul on our lawn.

Sorry guys, rant over. Very emotional Off to hospital to have baby later, so rather sensitive!

Mrs J
Not sure what you can do about the dog sh*t but good luck with the baby later

Kala
Old May 13th 2005, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Mrs J
Awww Bless a new baby, May all your trouble's be lil ones Best of luck this afternoon at hospital and be sure to update us asap

As far as the dog situation goes i no how ya feel, every where i look or coat i put on has doggie bags in it, I always pick up after my mut...and then my son is always the one to walk in somebody else's dog s**t
Will send you some Karma as soon as it lets me

Claire
Old May 13th 2005, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Know how you feel. Our front lawn (in our last house) was used as a toilet by the dog over the road. The owner just opened the front door and let his dog out. It was a Rottweiler. The last thing you want running loose in a street where kids play. The chap was an odd sort and other neighbours were too worried to report him. I took photos of the dog running loose and rang the rangers. They visited him without saying who had contacted them and he was fined and giving a warning. One day the dog crapped on the pavement and a girl on her way to school slipped in it, hurting her herself as she fell. She went back home, treading the muck through the house looking for Dad, who was fuming as he cleaned it up and sorted her out. He also rang the rangers and the chap was fined again. The owner's excuse was that dog mess is yukky and he doesn't like it in his back yard! Thankfully he moved out shortly afterwards.
Old May 13th 2005, 3:32 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs J
Is it not illegal?
Sure the difficult thing is to catch the offender.
Personally, I would find out the offender and "politely" throw the offending turds back into their garden.
I would stick flags in the turds with a sign that says "The dog that did this has two a**eholes, one that produced this and the other that didn't clean it up".
Scatter orange peel and (cayenne) pepper at their favourite dumping areas. That should discourage the dogs
I have no time for ignorant dog owners.
Good luck

Andrew
Old May 13th 2005, 3:34 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs J
Just make one saying if your dog fouls my lawn i'll follow you home and put it in your pillowcase

Seriously, just make one saying that this lawn is private property

Good luck with the hospital later, are you in labour as we speak :scared:
Old May 13th 2005, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Just make one saying if your dog fouls my lawn i'll follow you home and put it in your pillowcase

Seriously, just make one saying that this lawn is private property

No, no sadly not in labour. Booked for section tomorrow morning, but have to check this afternoon .

Thanks for asking!
Old May 13th 2005, 4:12 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Try putting something down to deter them , (the dogs not the owners - cos the owners are obviously dumb hoons, or bogans)

Its illegal here (qld) to walk a dog without a pooper bag in your pocket - no matter if he does his business or not , almost like "going equipped to rob" - "going equipped to poo" ;-)

I read somewhere that dogs dont like strong smelling stuff like aniseed - any pet shop should advise. check first tho - maybe I read it wrong and they LOVE aniseed in which case you'll be the best place for dogs to do doo-doo.

If you put something inoffensive to gnumans like that down it'll stop the dogs wanting to poo and its not dangerous to kids etc.
Old May 13th 2005, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

What's the saying? Sh!t for luck? The birth will go great!
Congratulations in advance.
Old May 13th 2005, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs

How sad would that be Typing posts on BE in between contractions!

Thanks for that image, made me laugh,

JTL
Old May 13th 2005, 4:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, whooops the dog sh*t problem.

You could rig up one of the motion sensitve lights, that will come on when people walk on the front lawn. I think they'll be more motivated to pick up crap if they have a bloody big spotlight shining on them

JTL
Old May 13th 2005, 4:46 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
How sad would that be Typing posts on BE in between contractions!

Thanks for that image, made me laugh,

JTL
Glad to be of service Its not that sad really, at least it might take her mind of the agony for a bit

All the very best for tomorrwow to all of the Jones, especially Mrs Jones though
Old May 13th 2005, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

You could rig up one of the motion sensitve lights, that will come on when people walk on the front lawn. I think they'll be more motivated to pick up crap if they have a bloody big spotlight shining on them

JTL
I'm liking your lateral think JTL, I thinks that's a great idea
Old May 13th 2005, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the baby. As for the dog crap take a foto of the dogs owner as they stand there watching the damn dog and put it in the local paper. That should do it!!
Hilary
Old May 13th 2005, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

JTL
Cheers JTL,
Yes we are haivng security lights fitted anyway, since our incident last month.
Good though. Will get one extra.