Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Make the most of it

Make the most of it

Old Sep 7th 2003, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Make the most of it

Just want to say, everyone who has their doubts, and their worries, just do what is in your hearts. Life is for living.

I don't know whether you have watched the news this evening about a boat capsizing on the River Severn at Stourport on Severn, killing a woman.
That woman was my cousin.

There is so much I could tell you about her, but at the moment I am totally stunned by it all.

She lived her life, and was very happy, and luckily, I know that she was very happy on this last weekend.

Whisky
Old Sep 7th 2003, 10:57 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Make the most of it

Originally posted by whisky
Just want to say, everyone who has their doubts, and their worries, just do what is in your hearts. Life is for living.

I don't know whether you have watched the news this evening about a boat capsizing on the River Severn at Stourport on Severn, killing a woman.

There is so much I could tell you about her, but at the moment I am totally stunned by it all.

She lived her life, and was very happy, and luckily, I know that she was very happy on this last weekend.

Whisky

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I will worry about this now as I come from Kidderminster and most of our friends and family are from Kidderminster and Stourport. I have looked on the BBC news sight but there are no names.

Paula.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:02 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hiya whisky,
So sorry too about the tragic circumstances the death of your cousin....

what's the saying...'live today as if it is your last because one day you could be bang on'??
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
So sorry to hear of your loss.

I will worry about this now as I come from Kidderminster and most of our friends and family are from Kidderminster and Stourport. I have looked on the BBC news sight but there are no names.

Paula.

Don't worry Paula, I can't give you my cousins name yet, as all our family haven't been notified.
My cousin was not from Kidderminster or Stourport, but had gone down there with friends.

Whisky
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:17 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Don't worry Paula, I can't give you my cousins name yet, as all our family haven't been notified.
My cousin was not from Kidderminster or Stourport, but had gone down there with friends.

Whisky

Thanks for that, I'm sure I would have heard by now if any of my family or close friends were involved. It is a little worrying though as my mum dosen't know ALL of our friends.

Paula
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
Thanks for that, I'm sure I would have heard by now if any of my family or close friends were involved. It is a little worrying though as my mum dosen't know ALL of our friends.

Paula

I'm sorry if I have worried you. As you can imagine, I can't even think about sleep.

Whisky
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:32 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Whisky

Oh Whisky.....very sad news indeed. Life is indeed for living; it's just so tragic it has to end. My thoughts go out to you and your family at this time.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by <")))><
Oh Whisky.....very sad news indeed. Life is indeed for living; it's just so tragic it has to end. My thoughts go out to you and your family at this time.

Yes, it is so very sad.
We were brought up together, and I have a lot of memories of us together, which at the moment are flooding back.
I feel so helpless.
Her poor son was at home when he recieved the news.

Whisky
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Whisky,

our deepest condolences for you and your family at this time.
As you say it does make you put your own problems into perspective.

Paul & Linda
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:58 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Whisky

Sorry to hear about your loss. The news has made me more determined to get the best out of life for my self and my wife. I do not want to regret anything I have not done when I go.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bondipom
Whisky

Sorry to hear about your loss. The news has made me more determined to get the best out of life for my self and my wife. I do not want to regret anything I have not done when I go.

I totally agree with you, and so would my cousin have. She was always doing something, had loads of friends, and really took life by the horns. She would take her Father away every year for his Birthday, and was always taking her Mom off out to shows and nights out. Such a lovely caring person, and I loved her dearly.

Whisky
Old Sep 8th 2003, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Life is such a rollercoaster. Last Tuesday, I was posting on here, so happy that I had a new grandson.

Whisky
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Why does it always happen to the good ones, the ones that are so positive and full of life?? It does make you take stock and re-evaluate things.

Thinking of you & your family and hope you get through this sad time.

Diane & Family
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Why does it always happen to the good ones, the ones that are so positive and full of life?? It does make you take stock and re-evaluate things.

Thinking of you & your family and hope you get through this sad time.

Diane & Family
Sorry to hear your news. Loosing someone close always makes you take stock.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 7:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Whisky, I'm so very very sorry.

Something like that really does make us stop and think doesn't it. Glad that your cousin was happy that last weekend, and it sounds like she was doing something she loved. The Bloke and I were motor racing at Goodwood all weekend, and a driver from there is fighting for his life in hospital after a crash. Again, he was doing something he loved. Whatever else happens we must live life to the full while we can, as you never know whats round the corner.

Lots and lots of love to you and your family, Whisky. Doubt theres anything I can do, but if you need anything, do shout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.