Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Make calls abroad from your mobile for free

Make calls abroad from your mobile for free

Old Apr 23rd 2006, 11:54 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Post Make calls abroad from your UK mobile for free- not advert and legit

If you get free minutes with your phone package then read on..... If you are p-a-y-g then you cant use this service.

This was on a program on telly called "make me rich" in the daytime.

A guy called martin lewis hosts it, and he has a website. www.moneysavingexpert.com

I get the weekly email newsletter and it gave me a number to call an 077 (uk mobile number) and basically it routes you through to a company who transfers your call for free as you are using up your cross network mins(unless you have none left for the month and then youll be charged by you service provider)

Apparently only t-mobile have been asses and charge you but all others shouldnt or better still, cant. Voda phone users sometimes have been charged, but a quick phone call to complain has had reinbursements and an apology for the oversite.

You dial the number, then listen to the recording, then dial your abroad number,(mobile or landline it doesnt matter as you are in effect making a call to a uk mobile number) and then speak.

They advise you making a couple of small calls first to check if you have been charged by your service provider, and if you havent GRRREAT!!

I used it to call my dad in spain and it was free,

dial 07744 97 4825

www.simply-fone.com for the list of contries(pretty much everywhere)

How to store the access number on your mobile phone:

For convenience, you can store the simply-fone access number on your mobile phone.
There are two ways to do this:
You can either save the number into the phone book on your phone in the regular way, or you can edit the numbers in your phone book to include the simply-fone access number and dial using pause dialling.

This can be done as follows:

On a Nokia phone
Step 1 Enter the simply-fone access number
Step 2 Press 3 times to show ' p '. (This causes dialling to pause)
Step 3 Enter your destination number - including the full international code

For example:
07744 97 4825 p 00614 XXXX XXXX

On a Siemens or Panasonic phone
Step 2 Press and hold 0 to show ' + '. (This causes dialling to pause)

For example:
07744 97 4825 0 00614 XXXX XXXX

On a Motorola or Ericsson phone
Step 2 Press and hold star button to show ' p '. (This causes dialling to pause)

For example:
07744 97 4825 p 00972 XXXX XXXX

Sorry this was so long, but it was to stop getting 2000 questions when this is all i have read and understood. It works,

happy calling.
alk

Last edited by alkristensen; Apr 24th 2006 at 12:51 am.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Make calls abroad from your mobile for free

Thanks K sent

Sue x
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:16 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Make calls abroad from your UK mobile for free

Originally Posted by alkristensen
If you get free minutes with your phone package then read on..... If you are p-a-y-g then you cant use this service.

This was on a program on telly called "make me rich" in the daytime.

A guy called martin lewis hosts it, and he has a website. www.moneysavingexpert.com

I get the weekly email newsletter and it gave me a number to call an 077 (uk mobile number) and basically it routes you through to a company who transfers your call for free as you are using up your cross network mins(unless you have none left for the month and then youll be charged by you service provider)

Apparently only t-mobile have been asses and charge you but all others shouldnt or better still, cant. Voda phone users sometimes have been charged, but a quick phone call to complain has had reinbursements and an apology for the oversite.

You dial the number, then listen to the recording, then dial your abroad number,(mobile or landline it doesnt matter as you are in effect making a call to a uk mobile number) and then speak.

They advise you making a couple of small calls first to check if you have been charged by your service provider, and if you havent GRRREAT!!

I used it to call my dad in spain and it was free,

dial 07744 97 4825

www.simply-fone.com for the list of contries(pretty much everywhere)

For convenience, you can store the simply-fone access number on your mobile phone.
You can either save the number into the phone book on your phone in the regular way, or you can edit the numbers in your phone book to include the simply-fone access number and dial using pause dialling.

On a Nokia phone

For example:

For example:
07744 97 4825 0 00614 XXXX XXXX

Step 2 Press and hold star button to show ' p '. (This causes dialling to pause)

For example:
07744 97 4825 p 00972 XXXX XXXX

Sorry this was so long, but it was to stop getting 2000 questions when this is all i have read and understood. It works,

happy calling.
alk

It sounds wonderful! I kind of feel like there must be a catch somewhere

I think my dad telling me that if something is too good to be true it often is BUT I HOPE HES WRONG

Thank you, may well try that as I can never catch my sister on her land line!!

LJJ
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:32 am
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj
It sounds wonderful! I kind of feel like there must be a catch somewhere

I think my dad telling me that if something is too good to be true it often is BUT I HOPE HES WRONG

Thank you, may well try that as I can never catch my sister on her land line!!

LJJ
nope no catch, this website is fully legit, the guy is on itv with his own consumer revenge shows
GOOD THING IS, THE PHONE COMPANIES PAY THE COMPANY YOU CALL with the 077 number,they have to for some reason, so only theuk phone co s are out oif pocket!!

basically if you dont use all your free minutes its worth it, if you have to upgrade phones and tariffs then its not worth it short term if you ,make only say couple of calls a year, but its been priceless so far as i can phone my dads mobile for free!! Well the maths work out my bundle of 500x net mins for £25 works out as 2p a min anyway. But itd be loads to call my dad from my mobile normally!

al
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:34 am
Banned

and you can call land lines abroad too from same method for free.

And in the uk you can call 0845 numbers as part of the package
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:35 am
Banned

it only works from the uk!!

I notice your in melbourne.

Its for people to ring you from the uk
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:32 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

it only works from the uk!!

I notice your in melbourne.

Its for people to ring you from the uk
Ah well, but I can pass it on to friends and family in the UK.

Many Thanks,

LJJ
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ljj
Ah well, but I can pass it on to friends and family in the UK.

Many Thanks,

LJJ
Hopefully thats the point im making to everyone, here or there. Sorry i it came over different
x

al
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Works really well from the UK, I've used it to call several numbers in Queensland and the quality etc is the same as ringing directly.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Works really well from the UK, I've used it to call several numbers in Queensland and the quality etc is the same as ringing directly.
Its great isnt it. Did you get charged and what network are you with?
al
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:31 pm
Banned

al
just thought id broadcast this at a more reasonable time LOL
Old May 1st 2006, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

al
I didn't get charged and I'm with 02 (500 minutes a month all networks)
Old May 1st 2006, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

lawrenson is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Make calls abroad from your UK mobile for free- not advert and legit

On a Nokia phone

For example:

on Nokia step 2 what button do you press 3 times to pause dialling? Can you save the 00614 too?
Old May 1st 2006, 11:18 am
Banned

Default Re: Make calls abroad from your UK mobile for free- not advert and legit

Originally Posted by lawrenson

On a Nokia phone

For example:

on Nokia step 2 what button do you press 3 times to pause dialling? Can you save the 00614 too?
You press * 3 times and yes it all comes out on the same line, i have ericsson and you press the star key and hold and get a p for pausing.

al

Last edited by alkristensen; May 1st 2006 at 11:23 am.
Old May 1st 2006, 11:28 am
Banned

Default Re: Make calls abroad from your UK mobile for free- not advert and legit

You press * 3 times and yes it all comes out on the same line, i have ericsson and you press the star key and hold and get a p for pausing.

al
On a Nokia phone
Step 2 Press * 3 times to show ' p '. (This causes dialling to pause)

For example:
07744 97 4825 p 00614 etc etc (this is whatever number you are ringing)

For example:
07744 97 4825 0 0061etc etc whatever international number is

Step 2 Press and hold to show ' p '. (This causes dialling to pause)

For example:
07744 97 4825 p 00611 etc etc whatever your international number is XXXX XXXX

hope ythis helps,

alk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.