Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Maintainance Payments from UK Fathers??

Maintainance Payments from UK Fathers??

Old Dec 19th 2006, 11:50 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Maintainance Payments from UK Fathers??

Funny you say that: I got the impression from the website that the UK CSA were pretty slapdash. I cannot believe about the ex and Xmas presents. What a git. My ex is nowhere near as bad but I did loan him my all-terrain pram, which he has returned to me because "it's broken" (um, he broke it! 2 tyres flat, stained, handle mangled, reeking of cat p***???) He also decided not to repay me for a wooden playpen I picked up for him from shop as a favour - instead, as our daughter has now outgrown it - he's simply going to hand it back to me. So now I'm $100 out of pocket and I never even used the bloody thing!
Old Dec 19th 2006, 5:24 pm
Telford Tigers fan

stumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speargun
OOPS!! After doing some more research....they do have a reciprical arrangement between the two Countries....however the UK side do seem completely inept! lol
Yes but the PWC would need to apply to the Aus CSA, the UK CSA can only deal with NRP's who habitually reside in the UK (with some exceptions if employed by British companies abroad) - as you may have guessed by now I work for the Agency and yes it has a looong way to go
Old Dec 20th 2006, 12:17 am
Just Joined

wheeliein2minds is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by stumo
Yes but the PWC would need to apply to the Aus CSA, the UK CSA can only deal with NRP's who habitually reside in the UK (with some exceptions if employed by British companies abroad) - as you may have guessed by now I work for the Agency and yes it has a looong way to go

Seeing as you work for the agency,could I ask you a question?
In your experience, put the regulations to oneside for a minute. In practice-would a NRP living in Oz be forced into sending Aus dollars back to the UK? If i`m not then I could voluntarily send an amount back each week on the proviso my ex allows my kids to keep in contact with me. I know it sounds like blackmail but if she won`t allow it then i`m not going to Aus. I`ve already got my PR .
Old Dec 20th 2006, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheeliein2minds
if she won`t allow it then i`m not going to Aus. I`ve already got my PR .

Mate I know where you are coming from on this, I was the same. But when there older you will be in the position to offer them an escape route from the UK.

Ian
Old Dec 20th 2006, 3:09 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

In your experience, put the regulations to oneside for a minute. In practice-would a NRP living in Oz be forced into sending Aus dollars back to the UK? If i`m not then I could voluntarily send an amount back each week on the proviso my ex allows my kids to keep in contact with me. I know it sounds like blackmail but if she won`t allow it then i`m not going to Aus. I`ve already got my PR .
I know you didn't ask me but:
In practice-would a NRP living in Oz be forced into sending Aus dollars back to the UK?
Not by the CSA but possible by a Court Order if proceedings commenced by th e mother.

I could voluntarily send an amount back each week on the proviso my ex allows my kids to keep in contact with me.

Nothing to do with the CSA. That would be between you and the mother and the Courts to enforce. Legally you have rights to see and keep in contact with your children if you live abroad irregardless of money. Similarly, legally you have an obligation to contribute towards their upbringing. Two separate issues. No matter what you agree with the mother, only the Courts can enforce.

Andrew
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:07 am
Telford Tigers fan

stumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond repute

If you are habitually resident in Australia then the UK CSA could not enforce an MC. However, going by the link provided earlier, it is possible your ex could apply via the Australian CSA but that's outside of my experience so couldn't advise on that.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

wheeliein2minds is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Mate I know where you are coming from on this, I was the same. But when there older you will be in the position to offer them an escape route from the UK.

Ian
That`s my dilemma-as their father i`m duty-bound to do the best I can for them both short term AND long term.Short term it`s best I stay and support them here in the UK,their long term future must belong in Aus because this country will offer them nothing in 3 1/2 years time when they leave school.Opportunities in Aus are plentiful. Plus they will have a choice who they live with then.
The problem is,because of my age,I have only 6 months to make up my mind whether to go or not.I have been to or lived in Aus 3 times and I love it.
I welcome any contructive comments.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go for it!
Why, because if you don't you'll wish you had.
I thought long and hard over this, I came to the conclusion that my lad had come to the age were he didn't want to come to my house at the weekend. He would rather stay at his Mum's and play with his mates. I had to except that I would more than likely only see him every so often,I knew deep down it would be better for him, opportunity wise if I went.
I ring him every weekend but 7 times out of 10 he's not in, he's out playing, but It would be the same if I was in the UK, now he has an option there to use when he's older and when that time comes,which it will, it will then sink in that I have done the right thing.
At the end of the day your not here long so don't waste your time, as you have said you have not got long.
Also if it all goes wrong you go back, but at least you have given it a go!

Ian
Old Dec 20th 2006, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

That`s my dilemma-as their father i`m duty-bound to do the best I can for them both short term AND long term.Short term it`s best I stay and support them here in the UK,their long term future must belong in Aus because this country will offer them nothing in 3 1/2 years time when they leave school.Opportunities in Aus are plentiful. Plus they will have a choice who they live with then.
The problem is,because of my age,I have only 6 months to make up my mind whether to go or not.I have been to or lived in Aus 3 times and I love it.
I'd second the go for it option. Kids not going to forget you as and if you let em know prior to going where they can contact you and that you want the to come with you etc, of ex tries to stop em contacting you if they have you address and a phone no there's not much she can do about it..... and get kids for medicals to smooth the route for them to follow you once they decide where they want to be and are old enough to make that decision.

I think you'll regret it if you don't, judging by your previous comments.

Good luck with whatever you decide
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
..... and get kids for medicals to smooth the route for them to follow you once they decide where they want to be and are old enough to make that decision.

2nd that
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:08 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Oz
Set up your own web site (<$50/year) with URL your kids will know to keep them updated.
Set up a trust/savings fund for them here too.

Andrew