Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Main Application Deadline

Main Application Deadline

Old Apr 17th 2004, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Main Application Deadline

Hi guys We sent our main application to Adelaide for Skilled Independent Visa special delivery apparently arrived the 13th of April and our agent tells us it was stamped and signed for.
The question is there are probably loads like us who did the same thing and have been advised by our agent to check with credit card company if the money has been taken out.Ours has not been taken out yet and I know it is still very early days but just wondered if anyone else is in the same situation.I know it sounds daft but I will not rest until the money has been taken out or have at least had some form of acknowledgment that it is being processed .
Old Apr 17th 2004, 7:13 pm

Mastermind is on a distinguished road

Hi,

My application went in on 8th of April and my credit card was debited on 15th of April. However, there is also an additional delay from debiting the card until the amount is shown on your card account.
If you have applied on 13th of April, you will be next on Monday or Tuesday. :-)

Most important is to check your credit card limit in advance!
There are two limits:
1. Cash (weekly limit approx. 1000€)
2. Noncash (monthly limit approx. 5000€)
(These are the limits of my card for example)

These limits are usually set by your local bank and differ from case to case. If you exceed one limit, the payment will be canceled. :scared:

Last edited by Mastermind; Apr 17th 2004 at 7:16 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2004, 8:30 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi
Mine was submitted on 8th april.
I haven't seen any cash being deducted from my account.

I think I have to wait for the whole thing to happen and trust the agent.

Old Apr 17th 2004, 8:47 pm

Mastermind is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by badri
Hi
Mine was submitted on 8th april.
I haven't seen any cash being deducted from my account.

I think I have to wait for the whole thing to happen and trust the agent.

Hi Badri,

I know how you feel...

I saw in your Timeline that George has forwarded your application on Tuesday 6. of April. George is also my agent and he told me that my application went out on Tuesday afternoon together with three other. I suppose your application was one of these. That means our applications arrived together at the ACPD. I guess it's only a question of one or two days before your card will be charged.
Old Apr 17th 2004, 10:14 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

DIMIA have probably got a truck load of paperwork that arrived on the 13 April so it will be interesting to see others experiences will be.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replys guys looks like we shall just have to wait and see.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

brummie bird is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

My friend in same situation, she phoned DIMIA they said as long as you can prove it arrived on the 13th or b4, i.e courier receipt or signed for receipt from post office ( obviously check what date it was signed for) your application will be assessed on the 115 points.

So if you know its there you will be fine.

angie x
Old Apr 18th 2004, 4:59 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally posted by brummie bird
Hi all,

My friend in same situation, she phoned DIMIA they said as long as you can prove it arrived on the 13th or b4, i.e courier receipt or signed for receipt from post office ( obviously check what date it was signed for) your application will be assessed on the 115 points.

angie x
Thanks guys,

I think we all know its gonna be ok but the bl@#%y stress makes you think all things..
Old Apr 19th 2004, 10:12 am
Wannabee Queenslander

An update,

I checked with my credit card company. DIMIA has debited the amount on 15th april.

We are in the race.

Hopefully things go now quicker....
Old Apr 19th 2004, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

We submitted in February and they debited the card the day they recieved it. This seems to be the trend but would also imagine that they are very busy at the moment. If not debited within fortnight max would give them a call to confirm they have received.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by brummie bird
Hi all,

angie x
Thanks for the reasurrance we will keep checking the debit on the credit card.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Hubby checked with credit card company yesterday and the money has been taken out.Good News I reckon hopefully thats ifor now. I can relax a little knowing that our application is at least sitting in a pile on someones desk.You never know we may get to hear something around November?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Hubby checked with credit card company yesterday and the money has been taken out.Good News I reckon hopefully thats ifor now. I can relax a little knowing that our application is at least sitting in a pile on someones desk.You never know we may get to hear something around November?