Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mail from UK to Australia

Mail from UK to Australia

Old Feb 25th 2005, 7:33 am
PommieLeague

Default Mail from UK to Australia

Can somebody roughly tell me how long I should expect to wait for a parcel (item of clothing) to arrive to Perth please?

Does the UK just offer airmail or is there an economy type as well, times of both would be welcome, thanks

Old Feb 25th 2005, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mail from UK to Australia

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Can somebody roughly tell me how long I should expect to wait for a parcel (item of clothing) to arrive to Perth please?

Does the UK just offer airmail or is there an economy type as well, times of both would be welcome, thanks

3-10 days
Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:50 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by bussie
3-10 days
is that generally airmail?

Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:55 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

is that generally airmail?

I'd say so. Its usually fairly quick, and reliable. I've only had one thing go missing that I'm aware of in the past two years.

You could probably get the official times off the R.Mail website.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:57 am
PommieLeague

Ironic isnt it. I have never had any prob yet now I order the new Salford Reds jersey its delayed or who know where it is.

Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:24 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Ironic isnt it. I have never had any prob yet now I order the new Salford Reds jersey its delayed or who know where it is.

At least it was nothing important then.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:35 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Bordy
At least it was nothing important then.
And I thought working with Aussies was bad.

Old Feb 25th 2005, 3:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

had 2 packets recently - one took 4 weeks, the other 5 days. Pot luck I think!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

CreditCardKing will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
had 2 packets recently - one took 4 weeks, the other 5 days. Pot luck I think!

I once sent a letter from Perth to the UK with only the post code on it, no name or anything and it got to my parents address in 7 days. You must take care to put an airmail sticker on the mail otherwise it may come by sea and take 8 weeks.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Mum posted a parcel out to me last monday morning........delivered promply Thursday at 11 am.
Hows that for service??????
Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:04 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Airmail - up to 10 days (approx)

Seamail - anything up to 4 months
Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:06 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

if theres a smell of shite off it, they bin it
Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:08 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Wink Re: Mail from UK to Australia

Originally Posted by CreditCardKing
I once sent a letter from Perth to the UK with only the post code on it, no name or anything and it got to my parents address in 7 days. You must take care to put an airmail sticker on the mail otherwise it may come by sea and take 8 weeks.
You don`t need to worry about airmail stickers now, as the P.O. just print out those white sticky-label stamps with `airmail` on them.

If it isn`t there yet it`s either gone surface-mail or customs have decided to admire it. Customs are bastards in Aus.... are always nicking the drugs I send
Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:11 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
if theres a smell of shite off it, they bin it

No danger of a Celtic strip getting here then!!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:12 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
are always nicking the drugs I send
well stay off the prozac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.