Mail Order PC's

Old May 21st 2006, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Default Mail Order PC's

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what mail order computer companies exist in queensland. I am a bit of a gamer and require a good system not the sort that is found in the Comet / Dixons alike stores.

I have decided to sell my pc but before we leave for brisbane but so far can only find alienware in oz (wouldnt touch a dell) any good mail order supliers

john
Old May 21st 2006, 9:17 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mail Order PC's

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what mail order computer companies exist in queensland. I am a bit of a gamer and require a good system not the sort that is found in the Comet / Dixons alike stores.

I have decided to sell my pc but before we leave for brisbane but so far can only find alienware in oz (wouldnt touch a dell) any good mail order supliers

john
Why don't you PM Arkon on here
Old May 21st 2006, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

why arkon?
Old May 21st 2006, 9:51 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

why arkon?
Cos I think he'd love to hear from you

Cos he does PC's you daft monkey

Seriously, I think Arkon sells PC's....unless I'm thinking of someone else
Old May 21st 2006, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Why wouldn't you touch a Dell?? I am a computer reseller and I sold about 50 Dell's last year and 5 this year and not one of them has been a problem. They look nice, have standard motherboards (so upgrade easily) and are reliable.

My experience has shown me that prebuilt PC's are much more reliable than PC's built in someones back room. Things like quality control are far higher with Dell, HP, Acer etc than they are with a 'custom builder'

Up to you of course, just my opinion (and 4 years of selling and fixing PC's)
Old May 21st 2006, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Hello,

john

Not sure if they do mail order but try www.gamedude.com.au
Old May 21st 2006, 11:26 am
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Why wouldn't you touch a Dell?? I am a computer reseller and I sold about 50 Dell's last year and 5 this year and not one of them has been a problem. They look nice, have standard motherboards (so upgrade easily) and are reliable.

My experience has shown me that prebuilt PC's are much more reliable than PC's built in someones back room. Things like quality control are far higher with Dell, HP, Acer etc than they are with a 'custom builder'

Up to you of course, just my opinion (and 4 years of selling and fixing PC's)
I always self built until I needed a laptop - much prefer being able to choose the individual components myself. But have to say been impressed with my Dell laptop (XPS) - although the video card keeps overheating they're replacing it no quibble..... Next time I get a desktop would definitely consider Dell - so much cheaper than self building (especially the dell outlet) and you can upgrade any parts that aren't up to spec yourself.
Martyn