Magnetic Island

Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:48 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Magnetic Island

Aint it ansome looking ?

That's your lot for now except I have one of The A Team somewhere.
Will have to find it.
Attached Thumbnails Magnetic Island-little-crystal-6.jpg   Magnetic Island-little-crystal-7.jpg   Magnetic Island-little-crystal-8.jpg   Magnetic Island-little-crystal-9.jpg   Magnetic Island-little-crystal-10.jpg  

Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:49 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, here it is.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:53 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Ah, here it is.
Phew
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:09 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by The A Team
Phew
You were almost ready to emigrate then weren't you
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Hmm, so maybe 4 nights on the island and then ferry back to TSV.

What is there to do / see / visit / camp at in TSV region?
We were on the island for 3 nights/ 4 days, but could have enjoyed an extra day or 2! We took our hire car accross on the ferry so had no problems getting around. You'll need to book your ferry crossing if you want to take the car: http://www.fantaseacruisingmagnetic.com.au/ We booked it quite a bit ahead, but I think they recommend a week ahead. The passenger only ferry is: http://www.sunferries.com.au/

I did have other websites saved, but our computer broke late last year so I lost everything!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:45 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

My in-laws live in TSV and hopefully we'll be there for good in August...

Magnetic Island is ace! I'm really hoping to make full use of it when we get there and not just take it for granted. We've always been over for at least on day on our visits to TSV, and a few times we stayed in Maggies Backbackers in Horse Shoe Bay (although that had closed down last time we were there).

We can fully recommend Blueys Horse Riding too, we've been twice. You ride the horse through 'bush' past all the 'roos and to the beach. You then ride along the beach, and if you want to - into the sea with the horses!

Something we did one night which your kids might like was 'Toad racing' in Arcadia Bay, it was quite funny. I did notice that venue has changed name now though, so I'm not sure if it still runs...

Walking is awsome. I'd recommend the walk from Horse Shoe Bay to Balding Bay (my favourite - but be warned, you can get a few nudists there). Don't forget to take plenty of water and snacks if your going on a walk though.

Don't forget your snorkals! If the tide is right, you can see no end of fish and coral around the rocks at Balding Bay.

One of the best times we had was when Kate's dad had a boat and we sailled over from TSV and around the island. We had dolphins following our boat! Unfortunately he doesn't have his boat any more...

We'd never been to Paluma until last August. I'm not sure why, because it's an amazing place too!
Here's a link to some photo's of Paluma, including feeding grapes to turtles at Big Crystal Creek: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&id=884910380 (you don't need a facebook account to view these).

As mentioned, Reed HQ is an good day out, and can be easily combined with some time on the Strand and at the Rock Pool.

For a free day out, go and check out the new pools at the Riverway.

A CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO TOWNSVILLE!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:55 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Oh, I mean't to add, I made use of this last time we were in TSV and planning a trip to Magnetic Island: http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/media/park...island_map.pdf

from: http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/projects/p...cgi?parkid=181

I was pretty impressed with the amount of information on this QLD Gov' website.

And being as you driving from Cairns, you might want to make a stop at Paluma on the way to or from TVS, as it's just off the Bruce Highway north of TSV...

Have fun!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

I spent a week on Magnetic Island with my son, then 15.
We had a great time, stayed at backpackers (YHA) in Horseshoe Bay.
The wildlife was amazing ,beautiful walks and beaches.
We did a jetski tour round the whole island, 3 1/2 hrs all together, stopping at various points. It was really good fun.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

I spent a month on Magnetic island a few years ago when i was backpacking and really enjoyed it, we stayed in Picnic Bay. There are some really good walk from there such as Rocky Bay and Cockle Bay. We found it easy to get around as there is a bus or you can hire bikes. Great fishing as well.

It was a few years ago so i dont know if things have changed

Thanks minibelle
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about

Beautiful place, spent 3 months there when travelling in 1998 so quite a while ago and we were backpacking so can't recommend accomodation. Horseshoe bay is the main place good for watersports and horseriding along the beach. There was also a walk from the right hand side of horseshoe bay over to balding bay-my favourite beach in oz, totally secluded cos you can only get there on foot and a good place to see koalas in the trees. You will love it!!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing everyone

Some good links and info, so hopefully I'll find somewhere good for us to stay. Ste has been to Magnetic before, but that was, Ooh!, about 16 years ago when he was backpacking! Will remind him of that later and make him feel old!!!

Cheers.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
This big fella was scavenging around the picnic area.

I remember that beasty! and wasn't there a kingfisher up in the tree?
We had a ball didn't we, and don't forget the frosty mango!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:16 am
Banned

cufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant future

Oh i do feel sorry for all of you smitten with Townsville and surrounds there is a better Australia out there...where the people are nicer and you can use the water!!! Horses for courses i guess.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:59 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by jimtrish
I remember that beasty! and wasn't there a kingfisher up in the tree?
We had a ball didn't we, and don't forget the frosty mango!
Yes there was, but he was too quick for me.
Ahhhh...the Frosty Mango, such a lovely place for chilling out after a hard day
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:45 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by cufc
Oh i do feel sorry for all of you smitten with Townsville and surrounds there is a better Australia out there...where the people are nicer and you can use the water!!! Horses for courses i guess.
Gee, thanks for that totally pointless and worthless contribution to mankind.

It may have escaped your notice but the thread was about taking a holiday.

Not so long ago you were going to Canada, then Adelaide, then Guernsey: already worked in Aus and UK and NZ.

Glad you're happy in Adelaide but if it falls out of favour perhaps you could try Dubai, or better still Mumbai.

Will you ever like anywhere ?
Or maybe the question should be will anywhere like you ?

You're the mental health nurse so you'll probably be able to analyse it better than mere mortals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.