Magnetic Island

Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Magnetic Island

Originally Posted by Bix
And of course I always 'ave me 'at with me.
You dunt get that in the 'oliday brochures.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:16 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Lovely pix, thanks Bix. What time of year did you visit?
Early May wasn't it Julie ?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:19 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Yip, Radical Bay is just breathtaking.
Real unspoilt nature.
Attached Thumbnails Magnetic Island-radical-6.jpg   Magnetic Island-radical-7.jpg   Magnetic Island-radical-8.jpg   Magnetic Island-radical-9.jpg   Magnetic Island-radical-10.jpg  

Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:21 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Early May wasn't it Julie ?
I think so.... I can't remember
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The A Team
There's a couple of supermarkets on the island as approx 3000 people live there but you can always stock up in Townsville before you go anyway and just load it into your car. We took our car over on the ferry the last time we went and it was much easier to get around especially if you're going for a week. I hope the weather is kind to you though as a week is quite a long time for an island holiday with kids when there's no organised activities. If the weather is good then you'll have a great time.
Hmm, so maybe 4 nights on the island and then ferry back to TSV.

What is there to do / see / visit / camp at in TSV region?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Jopad is an unknown quantity at this point

We stayed last August in Nelly Bay, I think the villa was called Segara,
there is 4 villas which share a pool. they have 2 bedrooms, aircon and all mod cons. Bali style gardens with private decking areas and bbq.

The local bus stops outside which can take you to most of the island.
supermarket and shops within walking distance and of course the bottle shop with its own chill room .
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:23 am
Bix
da Bonehead

You can hire them little golfing buggy things to drive round the island.
Mini Mokes I think they call them.
Don't try to get to Radical Bay in them though.
We saw a couple try and fail miserably.
Attached Thumbnails Magnetic Island-radical-11.jpg   Magnetic Island-radical-12.jpg   Magnetic Island-radical-13.jpg   Magnetic Island-radical-14.jpg   Magnetic Island-radical-15.jpg  

Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:26 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Last ones of Radical.

Magnetic Island is just gooorgeous.
We only skimmed the surface.
Attached Thumbnails Magnetic Island-radical-16.jpg   Magnetic Island-radical-17.jpg   Magnetic Island-radical-18.jpg  
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:29 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Up in the hills - Paluma.
Camping site at the water reservoir for TV - a lake.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

And it just so happens I took some snapshots

Not very exciting though and I don't know what happened to the ones I took of the campsite
Attached Thumbnails Magnetic Island-paluma-lake-1.jpg   Magnetic Island-paluma-lake-2.jpg  
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:35 am
Bix
da Bonehead

But en route there is McClelland look-out.

Me 'at took a rest whilst I enjoyed the view to the coast
Attached Thumbnails Magnetic Island-mcclelland-1.jpg   Magnetic Island-mcclelland-2.jpg   Magnetic Island-mcclelland-3.jpg   Magnetic Island-mcclelland-4.jpg   Magnetic Island-mcclelland-5.jpg  

Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:38 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, so maybe 4 nights on the island and then ferry back to TSV.

It's difficult to predict the weather at the moment but September should be okay. Last time we went to Magnetic Island we stayed 3 or 4 nights which was just right for us but it depends what you're looking for. If it's relaxation you're after then Magnetic Island is perfect. Loads for kids in Townsville and lots of it is free. You could easily spend 2 days just on the Strand with children and they wouldn't be bored. Even the waterpark is free. Take skates or bikes with you in the car if you can fit them in.

If the weather's bad there's ReefHQ and the Museum of Tropical Queensland and the IMAX right next door. The Billabong Sanctuary is brilliant but a bit of a drive out of Townsville. The free Riverway swimming lagoons if it's hot and sunny.....

Check out the link I sent you in the PM for photos of most of these places.

Last edited by The A Team; Jan 15th 2008 at 9:43 am. Reason: added more info
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:39 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Then there's Big Crystal which also has a campsite.
I remember now twas really 'ot that day and me 'at was glad of a rest from 'aving my 'ead in it most of the day.
Attached Thumbnails Magnetic Island-big-crystal-4.jpg   Magnetic Island-big-crystal-5.jpg   Magnetic Island-big-crystal-6.jpg   Magnetic Island-big-crystal-7.jpg   Magnetic Island-big-crystal-8.jpg  

Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:43 am
Bix
da Bonehead

This big fella was scavenging around the picnic area.
Attached Thumbnails Magnetic Island-big-crystal-2.jpg   Magnetic Island-big-crystal-3.jpg   Magnetic Island-big-crystal-9.jpg   Magnetic Island-big-crystal-10.jpg  
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:45 am
Bix
da Bonehead

And somewhere between Big Crystal and Paluma is Little Crystal.
Attached Thumbnails Magnetic Island-little-crystal-1.jpg   Magnetic Island-little-crystal-2.jpg   Magnetic Island-little-crystal-3.jpg   Magnetic Island-little-crystal-4.jpg   Magnetic Island-little-crystal-5.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.